Principal User Experience Designer
Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 30059
Position Title: Principal User Experience Designer
Informatica is currently looking for a Principal User Experience Designer with experience in designing user experiences for enterprise data management products to join our team in Dublin, Ireland.
As a Principal User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver a variety of user experiences and hands-on UI designs for our Master Data Management products. In the role of Principal User Experience Designer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal User Experience Designer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
Technology You’ll Use
- Design tools (Axure RP, Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Collaboration tools & processes (MS teams, Confluence, Jira).
What You’ll Do
- Plan and deliver UX designs while working closely with global, cross-functional teams to create innovative user experiences for new and extended data-management offerings.
- Help to plan and conduct stakeholder interviews, design workshops, and user research activities
- Synthesize results from user research into coherent user experience design solutions
- Create information architectures, task flows, user interaction models, wireframe screen flows, prototypes, detailed designs, design briefs, design specifications and guidelines with little direction
- Influence product teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our customers
- Foster a fun, creative, collaborative spirit
- 8+ years of experience designing user interfaces and user experiences for web-based enterprise products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related discipline (HCI, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design, etc.)
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your design talent and skills in conceptual modelling, information architecture, user flows, information visualization, and mock-ups
- Expert knowledge and understanding of user-centered design process in product development environment
- Proven ability to generate end-to-end designs -- from concept through production detailing
- Demonstrated experience developing and communicating UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Proven effectiveness working in global, cross-functional teams that include product management, engineering, QA, documentation and other UX professionals
- Demonstrated proficiency with wireframing and prototyping tools, such as Axure RP, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, etc.
- Experience using user-research methods, analytics, and other insights to guide product direction
- Excellent written and verbal skills
What Does Success Look Like?
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, working with other UX designers, researchers and product-team members to deliver best practices in UCD, information architecture, and interaction design
- Drive the UX design for assigned topics
- You are able to navigate ambiguity, can empathize with customers, and can thoughtfully persuade and secure buy-in for the UX designs from crucial stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Experience designing user experiences for Master Data Management (MDM) or data management products
- Working with design systems as a consumer of it, or as a contributor
- Designing the UI framework for a product from its inception
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal User Experience Designer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MH2
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE