Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Job Number: 30081
Position Title: Sr Technical Support Engineer
Informatica is currently looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer with experience in MDM Technical Support to join our team in Austin.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for managing customer support issues daily, verifying issues, diagnose problems and resolve issues.
What You’ll Do
- Manage customer support technical issues on a daily basis, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible.
- Provide technical support to partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the web.
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work arounds and solutions.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions
- 4-6 years of experience in the software industry.
- Experience with Java is a must.
- Software engineering experience.
- Thorough understanding of data modeling, physical schema properties, triggers, stored procedures, and database backup, restore and recovery processes.
What Does Success Look Like?
- As a part of the MDM Technical Support, you will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the MDM support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that MDM is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Nice to Have
- Development and/or Technical Support Experience with J2EE applications, especially as implemented on BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, and JBoss is a plus
- Hands-on experience trouble shooting Java and J2EE related errors
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) : Redwood City, CA; Toronto, Canada
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-YK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US