Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Number: 30138
Position Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
Lead DevOps Engineer in Master Data Management (MDM)
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
The Informatica® Master Data Management (MDM) product delivers true multidomain master data management. It empowers companies to improve operations with business-user access to consolidated and reliable business-critical data, even when it’s scattered across the enterprise. Leading organizations in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy, and other fields rely on Informatica master data management software to cut costs and drive revenue by improving operations and making more informed decisions across the enterprise.
We are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals to work on the next generation of data fueled infrastructure and applications that leverage the latest Cloud and Big Data technologies. You will work with global team of talented engineers and use big data technologies to break ground in new MDM spaces.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are technically strong and able to work with high productivity. You like the excitement of working in a fast-paced environment. You like being creative and are open to new ideas and ways of doing things. You are able to work independently as well as within a team spanning multiple regions. In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accurately assess critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Proactively share technical knowledge and best practices with team members
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Articulate ideas and thoughts clearly and easily
- Interact well with team leaders, peers, junior staff and other managers at various positions.
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto, Canada and will:
- Collaborate with R&D teams to design the next generation of application deployment architecture, and developing the orchestration strategy and automation framework for the product delivery process
- Operate, monitor and administer the Informatica MDM Cloud application and infrastructure using orchestration, automation, logging, alerting, monitoring and metrics tools on Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Support the agile software development process among cross-functional teams to ensure smooth product delivery
- Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis and provide high quality solutions to technical issues
- Liaison with the Informatica Security Council to manage and define application security compliance standards
- Define and implement the Disaster Recovery process
- Manage incident process, and risk analysis of Informatica MDM Cloud applications
- Create scalable alerting and auto remediation systems.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of MDM Cloud systems to ensure adequate SLA and capacity requirements.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5 + or more years of overall service delivery experience, of which at least 3 years are in managing Cloud operation production environments and critical business services.
- Proficiency with the Amazon AWS ecosystem
- Experience with Networking technology: such as DYN/NetNames and Load balancer is required
- Strong knowledge of Cloud automation deployment process using Orchestration management, such as Terraform, Ansible (preferred), Chef, and Puppet, is required
- Deep knowledge in setting up logging/monitoring tool, such as Sumo Logic, Prometheus, Grafana, is not required but would be a huge plus
- Strong Scripting language knowledge, such as Python, Shell, or Perl, is required
- Deep knowledge of performing compliance and security audits and experience in defining, configuring, and implementing disaster recovery process is a big plus
- Experience with NoSQL DB (MongoDB), Kafka and Elastic Search is a plus
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and/or Docker Swarm is a huge plus
- Ability to work under considerable pressure managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality results with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and team communications skills are essential
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
- Configuration and maintenance of common infrastructure such as Apache, haproxy. nginx
- Strong knowledge of large-scale internet service architecture
- Strong understanding of Unix and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Provide insights to DevOps into what you would like to see from an Ops perspective to help you react quickly to issues and help with troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA