Principal Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, IN
Job Number: 30203
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer - Cloud - JD
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives your all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader https://www.informatica.com/lp/gartner-leadership.html By joining our team, you’ll be able to solve the real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse and innovative teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
Informatica is currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer - Cloud with experience in building enterprise cloud products with hyperscale’s to join our team in Hyderabad, India.
As our Principal Software Engineer - Cloud, you will play a vital role in designing, developing, and building our next generation cloud products. You will take a lead in working with development teams across globe to build the right product. In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Day-to-Day Duties? Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to understand the vision, product roadmap and build products/applications/services per requirements.
- Hands on development with building the early validation of the architecture, structure to build the code, and start and contribute to development within various Engineering groups.
- Take part in the full application development lifecycle and own the development of product innovation roadmap.
- Perform research on various technologies and evaluate how they can be integrated.
- Advise and educate stakeholders on the benefits of proposed approaches to software and solution development.
- Product delivery by writing code, unit testing, automated test suites and reviewing pull requests.
- Advocate cloud product development best practices including secure, multi-cloud application development.
- Collaborate with architects and peer developers in evolving design, development and deployment practices and effective participation in architecture discussions and reviews on cross-functional components.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and mentoring to highly talented, diverse, distributed engineering teams.
- Keep abreast of the latest and greatest tools, solutions, and practices that will be serve the business.
- Solid experience in designing and developing solutions using Java on Cloud platforms likes AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes) Azure, GCP.
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry.
- Good knowledge on the requirements for Cloud Enterprise Software.
- Knowledge of network (DNS, HAProxy, firewall configuration, API gateway, WAF, routing)
- Good understanding of cloud security (SSL, encryption and key management)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Istio, Docker), cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), and cloud deployments (Helms and Jenkins deployment).
- Experience with cloud logging and management tools (Sumologic, APM).
- Experience with Message Queue, such as Kafka.
- Excellent hands-on experience with object-oriented design and development with Java and good experience in Relational Databases like Oracle, MySQL, Azure SQL DB, and Graph Databases like Neo4J, AWS Neptune, Azure Cosmos DB.
- Building applications with micro services with end-to-end low latency response.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting abilities.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository.
- Firm grasp of API strategies and best practices, experience in handling high volume transactions, data transfers.
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to cloud best practices.
- Experience/exposure with UI development technologies is a plus.
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills within an organization.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment.
- Ability to work with customers, developers, documentation, product management and support staff.
- 10+ years of technical experience in software engineering with 4+ years of experience in building cloud-native applications/services/platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-CT1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, IN