Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 30270
Position Title: Software Engineer
Software Engineer, Core Technology Group (Data Engine)
Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe -- ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
Cloud Data Integration is the innovation hub within Informatica that is responsible for delivering an extensible, reliable and scalable platform that provides the solid foundation for all other Informatica products. Our team specifically has the following responsibilities:
- Converting user-created Big Data tasks into Spark Jobs
- Optimizing these Spark jobs for best performance
- Adding and modifying to the open-source spark code to serve Informatica use cases.
- Reducing latency and processing time of Spark jobs to return instantaneous results
- Delivering large data sets to client applications with extremely high throughput
- Cross compiler to translate representation of a data flow plan from one engine to Spark
- Deliver a highly scalable, performance-optimized infrastructure (both compute and storage) that elastically handles customer needs.
- Executing and monitoring Spark jobs and clusters for high performance and low TCO.
Informatica Data Platform has been a key constituent of Informatica’s platform and serves multiple products such as Data Services, Data Quality and Profiling. Informatica products rely on the Data Engine to fulfill the vision of a Virtual Data Machine which is capable of executing data integration jobs either natively or across execution environments such as Spark on Kubernetes, Spark on Yarn, Cloud DW. You will be a key contributor to Informatica’s next generation platform and how it handles the volume, velocity and variety of structured and unstructured data. It could be enterprise and partner data from hosted Cloud services and on-premise deployments or arbitrary data from social web sites and media.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an experienced software engineer who has worked on developing query optimizers, large scale data management or database products. You relish the opportunity to work on building optimizations that improve data processing performance across different use cases that include batch, request/response and real-time systems.
The successful candidate will be based in Redwood City, CA and will be responsible for:
- Working with senior members of the team to ensure sound design and implementation of functional areas for the product
- Working closely with architects and development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation.
Representative accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, implementing, documenting, analyzing and operationalizing platform features clearly to ensure that others may readily utilize them
- Interacting with QA and documentation teams to clearly communicate the features and behaviors of the system
- Reviewing functional and test specifications and conducting training sessions for global services and support teams
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- 2 or more years of relevant professional experience, a portion of which was within an enterprise software company
- Demonstrated ability to write quality code in Java, Scala.
- Familiar with big data technologies like Spark, Hive.
- Familiar with cloud software concepts with experience in working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Ability to communicate and express thoughts and ideas in a big group
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills within an organization
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others.
- Promote and apply engineering best-practices including code reviews, design/architecture reviews, unit testing code coverage review
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred.
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical/dental, 401(k), flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US