Manager / Sr. Manager, Development
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 30290
Position Title: Senior Manager, Development
The Informatica Streaming team is responsible for building the leading data analytics and real-time data integration products for an end to end data ingxestion, processing, and alerting. Spanning across Cloud and on-premise the products cater to a diverse set of customers across domains in a highly distributed and scalable deployment.
As a Development Manager, you will get the opportunity to build the team and products. You will work with world-class engineers to design and build the next generation Spark Streaming based real-time data processing platform using the latest technology stack, such as Apache Kafka, Structured Streaming, Hadoop, AWS, Azure, Databricks Delta to provide non-disruptive real-time data integration service to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an experienced hands-on Development Manager who has deep system expertise. You have significant experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services. You enjoy working on technically challenging projects. You are willing to work on many different projects and interested in assuming various responsibilities. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will be able to build the team, coach them to be productive.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, India, and will:
- Build/Mentor and coach the team to achieve the product goals
- Delivering the features/product on time with good quality.
- Investigate, design, and develop the features with a small team, compose the feature design documents
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Managing a small Agile team as an active member.
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stakeholders to show progress against requirements
- Review QA test specifications and feature documents
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Responsible for performance and scalability of the features
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Experience in managing small to medium teams.
- Hands-on experience of J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON preferred
- Familiarity with MVC and coding patterns
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration/Data Replication and/or Enterprise Application Integration product
- Excellent coding and object-oriented design skills in Java and C++(minimal)
- Experience in streaming platforms like Apache Storm, Spark Streaming etc is a plus
- Experience in messaging systems like Apache Kafka, JMS etc. is desirable
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred
- Solid knowledge of relational database system fundamentals desired
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager / Sr. Manager, Development
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN