Partner Sales Manager - MDM
Location: City, US
Job Number: 30297
Position Title: Partner Sales Manager IV
Job Profile Summary
Purpose of the role is to help Informatica become the de facto standard for partners who are recommending an MDM solution to a customer. Person will work very closely with partners to drive mindshare so that they are highly likely to recommend Informatica’s MDM platform and much less likely to recommend a competitor.
On a daily basis, person will spend time presenting to partners and having smaller group conversations to espouse the virtues of Informatica’s platform and solutions. On some occasions this will mean changing opinions and persuading and on other occasions it will be about educating.
As well as working with existing global and regional partners, person will own the process of identifying potential new partnerships that can help Informatica to grow the MDM business and then onboarding and developing those partners. In some cases, partnerships may already exist but may need reinvigorating.
Person will work closely with MDM sales specialists, MDM product management, local field sales teams, sales leadership and the partner team to drive close collaboration at an account level with Strategic Partners to generate new sales opportunities and co-sell relationships.
A critical capability required for the role is “change agent” and the ability to work with existing and new partners to influence their point of view of Informatica along the continuum from negative to neutral to positive to de facto standard.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for influencing and changing partner opinion to ensure that Informatica becomes the de facto standard for all of the Global GSI’s and key NA regional partners
- A key measure of the role will be an increased volume of sourced MDM opportunities which are derived from partners as a result of your evangelism and influence. This will also lead to an increase in MDM bookings for Informatica and an increase in the win rate for MDM deals involving partners
- Onboarding new partners who can help Informatica to grow the MDM business even faster
- Accountable for driving initial and ongoing connections between account teams from strategic partners and Informatica at account level and ensuring that teams build trusted working relationships.
- Through regular account team introductions and ongoing connections, uncover new opportunities which are not known to Informatica and are therefore sourced opportunities.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and introductions with partners and get everyone to collaborate and share information openly is a critical skill. In particular, the ability to set the scene, explain clearly the reason for connecting, articulate benefits of working together and desired outcome is essential.
- Collaborate closely with Global Partner Teams that manage GSI and Ecosystem relationships and leverage their support to set up account connections.
- Take ownership of any issues that may affect the partnership such as customer satisfaction, partner conflict and work with the right cross functional teams to resolve.
- Work closely with sales leadership and become a trusted partner with sales leaders.
- Become a regular presenter at local sales team meetings and QBR’s and keep local teams up to date with progress as you evangelize the benefits of working with partners and encourage more and more involvement from local sales teams.
- Collaborates with Partner Marketing, Partner Sales Operations, and Enablement where necessary.
- Push Partner Enablement and remind partners to take available training and to get certified.
- Provides partner feedback to internal stakeholders for product, systems, and process improvements.
- Monitor competitive activity and keep MDM product marketing, specialist and product team up to date with developments so that strategies can be adjusted to maintain key partner relationships and block competitor advancement.
- Become an expert in positioning Informatica’s MDM Platform and Solutions and be able to articulate it concisely and clearly in any partner discussion.
- Ensure that sourced opportunities are submitted for approval in a timely manor and follow up with local leadership where approval is slow.
- Incumbents develop and maintain relationships with partner organization senior leader levels, to include senior executive and/or CXO levels.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to collaborate and bring people together is a critical skill.
- Strong organization skills are required to bring busy people together and to maximize their time along with strong follow up skills. Connections and introductions without follow on meetings and next steps are usually a waste of valuable time
- Exhibits confidence and expertise with presentations and partner interactions.
- Can clearly articulate the value propositions of Informatica’s MDM platform and solutions and the value to a partner to work with Informatica as opposed to a competitor.
- A collaborator and a “change agent” who inspires others to get on board and work with partners.
- Broad understanding of assigned partner organizations' sales objectives and how to position the company's products within the partners' business objectives.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Partner Sales Manager - MDM
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-YK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US