Senior Information Security Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 30313
Position Title: Senior Information Security Engineer
Informatica is currently looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer in our Global Security Office with experience in Security Incident Response, Threat Intelligence and Threat Hunting to join our team in Austin, Texas.
The Senior Information Security Engineer, reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Security, is responsible for responding to and managing Security Incidents to a successful resolution. In addition, the Senior Information Security Engineer will be assigned a primarily threat intelligence and threat hunting focused role, with the successful candidate focused on increasing our proactive response capability to prevent incidents from occurring. The successful candidate will also respond to high priority incidents and assist in the investigation of escalations from the Security Operations Center to a successful resolution. They will ensure threats and incidents are properly communicated, tracked and documented and that the appropriate stakeholders are notified and escalated to during an incident. They will mentor and lead Security Operation Center staff and will be involved in the technical analysis of incidents globally.
What You’ll Do
- Evaluate, respond to and manage Information Security incidents, taking ownership over the lifecycle and ensuring incidents are brought to a rapid and successful resolution; perform After Action Reviews for identification of opportunities to reduce risk and prevent recurrence.
- Establish a threat hunting capability (“Purple Team”) across the organization, allowing Informatica to proactively hunt for and anticipate security issues.
- Monitor threat intelligence feeds and sources to ensure an adequate grasp of threats that face the company, build threat intelligence sharing capabilities both internally and externally.
- Proactively identify potentially malicious behavior and/or vulnerabilities using relevant threat intel and best practices.
- Serve as an escalation point and mentor for the Security Operations Center.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support incident response.
- Partner with product security teams on threat modelling.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities necessary to support and protect the business
- Experience in managing incidents, engaging technical teams and effective incident communication.
- Strong knowledge of technical incident response forensics across common operating systems and cloud platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Unix and Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP & Oracle Cloud applicable) platforms
- Experience in using threat intel to enhance detection capabilities.
- Experience proactively hunting for threats and incidents across systems.
- Ability to anticipate threats and address security incidents across production and corporate environments.
- Stay up to date on the latest risks, countermeasures, and regulations that may affect Informatica.
- IT security engineering / system administration experience, automating security controls to operate at scale.
What Does Success Look Like?
Decreasing our incident response and closure time – responding to a wide range of security incidents and working with appropriate stakeholders to drive closure. Reducing our security risk – identifying likely, high-impact threat scenarios so we can prevent them from occurring.
Nice to Have
- Technology savvy, with exceptional communications skills both written and verbal.
- Logical thought mindset and experience developing reusable processes.
- Experience in conquering the challenge of making systems and processes easier to use yet more secure.
- Embedding security into the fabric of the organization.
- Track record of collaborating with other technical teams to create solutions greater than the sum of its parts.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Information Security Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-YK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US