Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 30336
Position Title: DevOps Engineer
DevOps Engineer - Informatica Cloud Operations
Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe -- ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
Informatica Cloud is the clear market leader of the Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) providers. We provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management and other Enterprise Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. Thousands of customers rely on our service to move billions of records daily.
The Cloud Operations team is responsible for the management, monitoring, and operation of our Cloud service. We utilize cutting edge Cloud hosting, monitoring, and deployment technologies to deliver a world-class, non-disruptive Cloud user experience to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a bright, organized, and dedicated Software-as-a-Service DevOps with hands-on experience in LAMP architecture; knowledge of both QA testing methodology and application management; and good skills in Automation and Orchestration Management of the product delivery process. You are comfortable with supporting and operating high availability Cloud services. You are self-motivated with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
In this individual contributor role, you will report to the Sr. Director of Operations, Informatica Cloud, and be based in the company’s Redwood City, CA location. You will:
- Collaborating with R&D teams to design the next generation of application deployment architecture, and developing the orchestration strategy and automation framework for the product delivery process
- Operate and administer the Informatica Cloud Services (ICS) and infrastructure using Chef/Jenkins, , SumoLogic, Panopta, Elastic Search, and monitoring tools
- Operate and administer the Informatica Cloud Services (IICS) components deployed on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and GCP
- Support the agile software development process among cross-functional teams to ensure smooth product delivery
- Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis and provide high quality solutions to technical issues
- Liaison with the Informatica Security Council to manage and defined ICS application security compliance standards
- Design and implement the PSR strategy at the application and database layer to improve application efficiency and effectiveness
- Define and implement the Disaster Recovery process
- Manage RCA, Incident Process, and Risk Analysis of Informatica Cloud Services
- Create scalable alerting and auto remediation systems.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of our systems to ensure adequate SLA and capacity requirements.
- 1 or more years of overall service delivery experience, managing Cloud operation production environments and critical business services.
- Proficiency with the Amazon AWS ecosystem
- Advanced LAMP (Linux+Apache Tomcat + MySQL+PHP) Web Application management expertise is required
- Experience with Networking technology: such as DYN/NetNames and Load balancer is required
- Strong knowledge of Cloud automation deployment process using Orchestration management, such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet, is required
- Good knowledge in setting up logging/monitoring tool
- Strong Scripting language knowledge, such as Python, Shell, or Perl, is required
- Good knowledge of performing compliance and security audits and experience in defining, configuring, and implementing disaster recovery process is a big plus
- Good knowledge of MySQL DB schema design and performance tuning tasks is a big plus
- Ability to work under considerable pressure managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality results with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and team communications skills are essential
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
- Configuration and maintenance of common infrastructure such as Apache, haproxy.
- Good knowledge of large-scale internet service architecture
- Good understanding of Unix and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent; advanced degree a plus.
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, and flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products, and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US