Director - Product Management
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 30339
Position Title: Director, Product Management
Director, Product Management – App Modernization
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
Informatica is the leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management. Informatica Cloud and Informatica Big Data Management is the growth engine for Informatica in coming years. Our industry leading Big Data Management technologies--along with our partners--have helped fuel incredible growth over the last five years. We are seeking a Director Product Manager to grow Informatica’s Big Data products.
In this role, you will help set and shape the direction of the Informatica app modernization product portfolio that enables us to further our leadership position in a highly competitive and rapidly changing market. You will:
- Lead the product strategy & prioritization for app modernization and build key differentiation
- Set the product roadmap, driving customer adoption, collaborating internally and externally and ensuring successful deployments for our app modernization portfolio
- You will work across multiple disciplines and collaborate with talented peers to fashion compelling and differentiated products.
Our Ideal Candidate
When someone complains about the work involved in digital transformation that means something to you. You have prior product management experience or domain expertise and a deep technical background with a variety of SaaS apps (Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, ServiceNow, etc.) and API technologies (REST, SOA, OData, etc.). You feel comfortable being hands-on with complex technology, have a keen understanding of how it can bring value to a diverse customer base, and can expand adoption across different channels and partner ecosystems. You are a cross-functional leader who will work collaboratively with architecture and product engineering teams, Informatica’s marketing, sales and services staff, and product marketing to drive sales success and results for the app modernization products. You will also work with product managers in other product lines to ensure their products work seamlessly to solve customer’s app modernization challenges. You enjoy working with customers, partners, sales people, engineers, and anyone else you need in order to achieve business success. You are awesome at creating compelling Try & Buy software offering, and vibrant user community to drive product awareness, adoption, revenue, reference, and success.
Reporting to the VP, Product Management and based in Redwood City, CA, you will:
- Work closely with key customers and partners to understand the use cases for Big Data solutions especially on cloud, gaining a deep understanding of their goals and requirements.
- Clearly communicate the value proposition and differentiation (as well as help us expand!) of Informatica’s app modernization offerings to our customers
- Keep up to date with the rapidly evolving technologies in the app & API space and understand the relevance and impact to Informatica’s products
- Serve as the voice of the customer in building product functionality that is fit for purpose
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure seamless operation between components and technologies
- Work closely with R&D to drive product priorities and ensure the right set of functionalities for an enterprise class, industry leading product
- Identify needs and develop materials for rapid and effective field enablement
- Provide content for product collaterals, technical white papers and other material needed to ensure fast and successful adoption of the product by customers
- Perform competitive analysis, market, and industry research
- Contribute to the development of the overall product strategy, product roadmap, and business plan for the solution
- 7 or more years in product management or equivalent roles with activity spanning participation in conducting competitive analysis, writing detailed requirement specifications, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, and authoring technical white papers
- Demonstrated success working with external partner teams
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties within Informatica and external partners to deliver a product
- Ability to gather and prioritize requirements, develop detailed requirements, review functional specifications, participate in functional reviews
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Proven organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently; detail oriented
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Willing to travel (approximately 20%) for customer visits and trade shows, as well as visit Informatica offices worldwide.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director - Product Management
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US