End User Experience Analyst
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 30355
Position Title: Senior IT Business Systems Analyst
Informatica is looking for an End User Experience Analyst who will work within the Information Technology organization to design useful and compelling experiences that drive satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy among our business users. This role is focused on IT’s end users and improving their awareness, adoption, understanding, and satisfaction with IT’s services.
This role will design a variety of different types of enablement content, develop employee training experiences, and help drive user-centered design thinking within IT Operations.
The End User Experience Analyst is a core member of the IT End User Experience team and works closely with IT service owners and other business partners to design experiences that improve the productivity of Informatica’s employees. This role reports to the IT Manager and will be based in Austin, TX or Redwood City, CA.
As an End User Experience Analyst, you will be responsible for creating synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences including in-person/virtual sessions, tutorial videos, and knowledge base articles. Engage with end users to observe and gather insights that influence the design and deployment of IT tools and applications. Maintain a mindset that is equally business-driven and customer focused.
In the role of End User Experience Analyst, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the End User Experience Analyst you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
What You’ll Do
- Advocate for the employee experience of our technologies and be concerned with how this impacts end user productivity
- Work closely with IT Operations, product managers, and technical leads to facilitate the creation of useful, usable content for end users across the enterprise
- Design intuitive, user-centric content based on a “put yourself in their shoes” approach
- Deliver concise copy for user interfaces, clear instructions for technical documents, and engaging material for communication channels
- Create comprehensive, cross-channel content strategies that drive end user adoption, awareness, and understanding of IT tools and applications
- Research and analyze data to identify opportunities to improve employee adoption and engagement rate of IT tools and applications
- Investigate stakeholder and end user needs to define UX requirements and facilitate testing to validate usability objectives
- Support any initiatives and campaigns that aim to promote to the enterprise the services offered by IT and the business value that can be derived from these services
- Recommend improvements to current processes, content, communication, training, and tools
- Ensure that content meets operational deadlines and exceeds stakeholder expectations
- BA/BS or higher in user experience design, instructional design, technical communications, or related field
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a successful UX, training, or communications team
- Able to provide a portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- Understand end user needs and address them through content
- Comfortable with a variety of different types of content and eager to experiment
- Demonstrate attention to detail and committed to providing high-quality content
- Quickly learn technical information by researching and collaborating with subject matter experts
- Comfortable translating diverse technical topics in easy-to-understand language
- Well-organized and able to prioritize to meet competing deadlines
- Creative & innovate with the ability to “think outside-the-box”
- Self-motivated, excellent interpersonal with the ability to work independently and as a team
- Effectively work with multi-regional and cross-functional teams
What Does Success Look Like?
- Knowledge of UX and UCD principles
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Proficient with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Camtasia or other video editing tools
- Experience with content management systems and/or knowledge management systems
- Experience with typical productivity and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams, and Zoom video conferencing
Nice to Have
- Experience with content creation for a large, multi-national internal audience
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) : Redwood City, CA
Community / Marketing Title: End User Experience Analyst
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KS1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US