Director, Product Visual Design
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Job Number: 30381
Position Title: Director, User Experience Design
Product Visual Design Director
We’re currently looking for a Product Visual Design Director with a background in product design, design systems, and creative direction to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world.
As the Product Visual Design Director, you'll be responsible for enhancing and extending the visual design of Informatica’s Cloud Data Management products. The Product Visual Design Director will collaborate with User Experience Leadership and cross functional design and development teams to develop plans and initiatives to elevate the visual design language across the entire software product portfolio. This is the role for you if you: obsess over pixel perfect UIs and clear visual language of software products; passionate about how data informs design; understand user experience principles and visual design criteria; to create a cohesive experience across an array of software product experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and mentor a global team of visual designers to help create and maintain the quality of work and ensure all projects meet or exceed high aesthetic standards and business objectives
- Provide strong creative direction to the design team and grow the team’s and organization’s knowledge of best design practices and trends in software product experiences
- Evolve the visual language that elevates the user experience with cohesive aesthetics that are interwoven across different experiences and product offerings
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including development partners to ensure the visual designs are implemented accurately
- Present ideas in a clear and focused way that builds consensus within the team
- Lead by example, roll up your sleeves when necessary, embrace creative conflict and transform problems into additive solutions
- 2+ years experience as a people leader with a stellar track record growing designers: you have hired, grown, and inspired designers of varying levels of seniority
- 8+ years’ experience designing the UI/UX for browser-based software products in an enterprise or consumer product development setting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design: Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, HCI, Design, design-research related field, or equivalent
- A design portfolio that demonstrates your design talent creating solid visual designs and supporting artifacts
- Strong business acumen and experience in managing multiple stakeholders and senior leadership expectations
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Experience leading and managing a global team of designers, or groups of teams
- Ability to adapt well to change in priorities and scope and manage team’s projects, identify risks and dependencies, and help define schedules
- A solid visual design foundation and understanding of UI and interaction design standards in browser-based applications
- Experience in generating and maintaining design systems, visual design style guides, graphical asset libraries and specifications
- Demonstrated proficiency with Sketch, InVision or equivalent design tools
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Product Visual Design
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US