Lead Software Engineer - UI developer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 30432
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer, MDM (Master Data Management) UI
The Informatica® Master Data Management (MDM) product delivers true multidomain master data management. It empowers companies to improve operations with business-user access to consolidated and reliable business-critical data, even when it’s scattered across the enterprise. Leading organizations in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy, and other fields rely on Informatica master data management software to cut costs and drive revenue by improving operations and making more informed decisions across the enterprise.
MDM (Master Data Management) is one of the fastest growing product lines at Informatica. As the Lead/Senior UI Engineer for all MDM initiatives, you will be on the forefront of an exciting space that is evolving rapidly and a space that is very strategic to the team. You will be a key contributor to a high-performing team of engineering and you will work directly with MDM Architecture, Product management teams and Quality assurance teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are technically strong and able to work with high productivity. You like the excitement of working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You like being creative and are open to new ideas and ways of doing things. You are able to work independently as well as within a team spanning regions. In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Passion for user interface, experience and visual appeal
- Ability to technically design solutions that shield the user from underlying complexity
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Can accurately assess critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Proactively share technical knowledge and best practices with team members
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Articulate ideas and thoughts clearly and easily
- Interact well with team leaders, peers, junior staff and other managers
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto, Canada and will be responsible for:
- Design and implement the MDM User Interface Infrastructure and UI components
- Design and develop easy-to-use robust features that perform and scale in a multi-tenant environment
- Proactively identifying architectural and implementation weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Contribute to the all aspect of the engineering process; i.e., Agile, design reviews, etc.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to UI, UX and other team members
- Become the key “go to” lead for any technical challenges of the product
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of Software Development experience is reqired
- Ability to provide mentorship and coaching to a team of engineers
- Expert level knowledge and experience with one or more of the DOM Manipulating Frameowoks: JQuery, YUI, DOJO, ExtJS.
- Experience with one or more Server side UI techonologies: JSP, JSF, PHP
- Expert level knowledge and experience with one or more of the client side MVC Frameowoks: AngularJS, ReactJS.
- Experience with UI Layout frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with client side Unit testing and e2e frameworks and tools: Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, PhontomJS
- Experience with UI Debugging, Profiling.
- Experience with UI build, Packaging and Optimization tools: Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, Bower.
- Experience with JSON, XML
- Experience with RESTful services.
- Experience with building single page web applications.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with design patterns.
- Experience with UML.
- Understanding of the software development process (SDLC / Agile) in a software product company.
- Experience with RdBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams across time zones.
- Nice to have Visualisation Libraries experience with: D3, Highcharts.
- Nice to have UI Performance experience.
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement programs, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer - UI developer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AR1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN