Director, Platform Marketing
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 30445
Position Title: Director, Product Marketing
Informatica is currently looking for a Director Platform Marketing with experience in enterprise software product marketing to join our team in Redwood City.
As an Director Platform Marketing, you will be responsible for developing specific marketing plans and activities for the Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) platform to establish, enhance or distinguish the platform placement within the competitive arena, articulate value proposition to customers, partners, and the market at large. You will develop business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. You will oversee market research, monitor competitive activity and identify customer needs. You will work with product management, sales, partner alliances, and other marketing teams to develop new assets that support the go-to-market strategy of the IDMC. In the role of Director Platform Marketing, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Director Platform Marketing you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
What You’ll Do
• Develop product positioning and messaging that effectively differentiates the IDMC from the competition.
• Be the company go-to-market expert and leader for Informatica’s Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) platform to create and execute campaign plans, enable the sales team to articulate the value of the IDMC platform as well as actively participate in deals and customer meetings
• Work with customers to develop compelling assets that tell the story of their success with the IDMC platform.
• Own and deliver a complete bill of materials of content including presentations, briefs, FAQs, demos, guides and related collateral that enable the sales process from lead generation to deal close
• Collaborate with product management, sales, field marketing, partner alliances and other functions to develop and execute the marketing strategy for the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud business and serve as the voice of the market for product strategy development
• Develop thought leadership content to accelerate customer and industry awareness, and adoption of the IDMC platform, such as case studies, white papers, blog posts etc.
• Work with other marketing teams globally to develop campaign strategy to rapidly drive awareness and build pipeline
• Evangelize the IDMC and best practices via marketing events, webinars, social media and other channels
• Serve as spokesperson with press, analysts and at industry events
● 12+ years of product marketing experience with a track record of delivering compelling, breakthrough content in an enterprise software environment
● Ability to develop a deep understanding of the IDMC market and solutions, customer pain points, competition and trends
● Experience with content development for complex products sold to IT or other technical buyers is strongly desired
● Exceptional written and verbal skills with meticulous attention to detail
● Outstanding communication skills, especially the ability to convert complex ideas into simple messages
● Proven ability to participate in and influence cross-functional teams
● Ability to work with peer and senior technical customer users/buyers to solicit and synthesize customer and market feedback for actionable recommendations on positioning, messaging and product features
● Ability to create data-driven go-to-market plans and adjust based on data analysis, market feedback and corporate strategy evolution
● Demonstrated ability to develop compelling and creative content that stands out
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA a plus
What Does Success Look Like?
• You have a lot of energy matched with superb communication skills. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You have demonstrated strong leadership and project management experience including the ability to independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate programs. Since the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud supports all types of data management patterns, users, and data you will need to market to a variety of personas and use-cases across vertical industries.
Nice to Have
● Experience with enterprise cloud software and data management software a plus
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Platform Marketing
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US