Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 30466
Position Title: Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer with strong programming background with good problem-solving skills to join our team in Redwood City, California.
The Cloud Data Engineering DevOps team is responsible for development and delivery of continuous deployment pipeline. As our Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be part of the enthusiastic team developing the cloud deployment platform with microservices containerization and using Kubernetes to manage deployments with the goal of ensuring zero-downtime, high security, high availability, performance, scalability of production systems across AWS, Azure and GCP cloud ecosystems. In the role of Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in the design and development of cloud deployment platform to support zero-downtime, security, availability, performance, scalability of production systems.
- Develop advanced tooling for CI/CD operations to support deployments across multiple environments on different cloud ecosystems across different geographies.
- Troubleshoot complex production issues, including performance and function issues
- Strive for reliability and performance of large-scale environments
- Authoring technical documentation for workflows/processes/best practices.
Technology You’ll Use: (Only for R & D Jobs)
- Python/Java/Groovy, Linux scripting
- Container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
- Cloud ecosystems AWS/Azure/GCP
- Perforce, Git version control systems
- Puppet/Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps or Software development
- BS degree in a related field, MS preferred
What We’d Like to See
- Proficiency in a Python, Java or Groovy
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Willing to learn and adapt
- Good fundamentals on Release Management & continuous Integration
- Experience with CI/CD, Containers and/or virtualization, Jenkins, GitHub CI flows
- Exposure with container-based workloads management using Kubernetes is a plus
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in shell scripting
- Experience with system administration on Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure or Google GCP
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US