Manager, Information Technology
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 30507
Position Title: Manager, Information Technology
IT Infrastructure Manager
Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions. With over 7,000 customers worldwide, Informatica is the trusted leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management.
Informatica’s IT Enterprise Operations Team is responsible for the engineering and maintenance of our O365 tenant, Email security and Identity Management (like Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Okta). A global forward-thinking group consisting of highly talented team members who work together closely to manage, operate and improve our critical IT environment.
Informatica is looking for a dedicated, structured and innovative IT Operations Manager with primary focus in the area of people management, along with a well-balanced Operation and Innovation of O365, Email security, Systems Engineering and Identity Management to be based in the company’s Austin Texas location. The IT Infrastructure organization maintains many systems that enable access to critical business resources and enforces policies to operate and secure them. Reporting to the IT Director, the successful candidate will manage a team of 4+ highly technical individuals and be a key contributor in a lean and high impact IT organization of over 200 people who are aligned in several geographically dispersed centers supporting an employee base of over 5,500 people in 25 countries.
Our Ideal Candidate
This role requires a highly driven, organized, and technically dynamic individual with excellent communication skills, who can effectively lead and motivate teams. The ideal candidate will act as a mentor and advisor to the enterprise operations team who has responsibilities for the design, development, implementation, and operations of O365, Email and Identity-Management systems, applications, tools, policies, and procedures. The ideal candidate will also work side by side with other IT Operations teams to ensure successful project delivery and incident resolution.
As a hands-on manager focusing on enabling employees to be even more successful at their jobs, your role will be to:
- Lead global infrastructure initiatives and strategy as a product, including driving roadmaps and technical innovation
- Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- Drive delivery and support for mission critical services like O365, Email, Email-Security and Identity Management (eg. AD, AAD, Okta, integrations)
- Drive Innovation Generate new/unique solutions and embrace new technologies
- Establish an excellent delivery process, enabling distributed resources to work as an effective, objective driven and collaborative global team
- Identify, analyze, mitigate and proactively respond to project, business, financial and operational risks; both real and anticipated
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports, fostering a work culture that recognizes and supports individual differences in work-styles, personalities, cultures and values, in order to maximize team performance and effectively achieve personal and team goals; provide coaching and mentoring as needed
- Create and manage a continuous improvement program that identifies and implements best practices, measuring performance and drive improvements in IT systems and processes
- Manage Incident, Change, and Problem processes, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Effectively partner with IT business managers to define solution strategies and annual roadmaps; setting direction in all areas of responsibility, monitoring ongoing effectiveness, and overseeing refresh, redesign, or redirection as appropriate
- Identify, define, and measure success of global IT delivery processes, management of production systems, and successes on roadmap execution
Provide project management support for IT initiatives, ensuring quality and conformance to methods, policies and standards
- Manage vendor relationships, contract negotiations, new vendor selection processes, renewal solutions, maintenance, and support
- Work hand in hand with peer IT Managers to optimize the global IT services
- At least three years’ experience managing operations in an IT and/or Critical Infrastructure Environment, leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
- Solid Experience with cloud based Identity services (eg Azure Active Directory, Okta) and Office 365 (including Email Security)
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by rhythm of the business
- Willing to Travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%)
- Enterprise-level Experience in managing large-scale and complex projects/programs
- Working knowledge of audit and compliance requirements in a large global enterprise
- Strong problem-solving skills, and an innovative approach to addressing administration, personnel, and technical problems
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously
- Preferred experience with cloud based services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Demonstrable ability to work with a diverse team across global time zones (i.e. US, EMEA and India) to effectively complete tasks and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and changing priorities
- College or university degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent experience is desirable but not necessary
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Information Technology
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KS1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US