Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Job Number: 30546
Position Title: Principal Consultant PS
We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. We make our customers successful on Informatica products. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth that a position in consulting helps us.
As MDM Consultant with Informatica Professional Services (IPS), you will provide product expertise and data management knowledge to deliver the most architecturally efficient and cost-effective solution for our customer’s data integration projects. Informatica’s data integration product suite comprises robust, scalable, enterprise-level tools used by Fortune 500 organizations for data management projects like data warehousing, data quality, data migration, data synchronization. The consultant will work closely with the customer, other Informatica consultants and customer/partner resources, Sales, Global Customer Support and Product Management to ensure customer’s success and satisfaction with our products and services and contribute to their long-term loyalty. This position requires a highly skilled consultant with Data Architecture, RDBMS and Java experience. The successful candidate will support the MDM client implementations with in-depth MDM expertise. Working either independently, with or within a team, you will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business.
You are responsible for providing industry leading master data management consulting services to Informatica clients utilizing Informatica technology. You are also responsible for supporting the services sales cycle as requested and for mentoring other Informatica consultants in the effective use and deployment of Informatica MDM including Informatica Data Director, Services Integration Framework (SIF). You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy – and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a team of Informatica and/or Business Partner consultants, senior consultants. You take a primary point of contact role with clients. Your problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Document and review requirements, technical specifications, and customer expectations
- Participate in building architecture and design of data management solutions based on customer needs and Informatica products
- Develop, test and deploy data integration solutions in accordance with customer’s schedule
- Provide training and enablement for the customer
- Execute test plan and document results; debug solution as required
- Apply Informatica’s Velocity Methodology and Best Practices at customer sites with ability to coach and mentor customers in the adoption of Velocity
- Author and publish knowledgebase articles and serve as a go-to resource within the practice for technical information.
- Provide regular reports to communicate project status both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or MCA
- 10 to 18 years of experience in MDM, Data Warehousing, Data Integration projects
- Experience in Informatica MDM architecture, Integration with upstream and downstream (batch and real time)
- Experience in Informatica MDM Data modeling for at least 2 different data domains (like Insurance, Banking)
- Experience in driving MDM workshop, MDM demo, and Estimation
- Expert-level skills in Informatica MDM with Informatica Data Director/Entity 360
- Experience in Informatica MDM 10.x new features, Installation, and Upgrade
- Experience or understanding in Informatica MDM Services Integration Framework (SIF)
- Experience or understanding in Informatica Entity 360 Model and Business Entities configuration
- Experience or understanding in MDM Workflow Management. Knowledge in ActiveVOS is a plus
- Experience in configuring MDM hub - Match Rule, Survivorship Rule, Validation, Cleanse Rule, Mapping, Message Queue, Base Object, Landing Table, and Mapping
- Experience in Performance resolution and Match rule Tuning
- Experience in IDD Configuration, and IDD Custom User Exit (Java Skills)
- Experience or understanding in any major data quality tools (IDQ, AddressDoctor, BO DQ XI aka FirstLogic, Trillium, IBM QualityStage etc)
- Experience in J2EE environment
- Experience in application servers (WebLogic and/or WebSphere and/or JBoss)
- Expert-level database skills in Oracle and/or DB2/UDB.
- Understanding of data modeling, physical schema properties, triggers, and stored procedures
- Hands-on experience and intermediate scripting skills in Operating Systems (Windows, Unix and Linux)
- Must be able to solve problem outside your areas of expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of accomplishment with handling customers and managing complex data management needs
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Willingness to learn/explore new technologies as and when required.
What Does Success look Like?
- Adapt to customer’s work culture and establish an excellent working relationship with them
- Demonstrate a strong desire to grow both technically and as a trusted advisor to the customer
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Informatica Product stack and its product offerings.
- Experience with Windows or UNIX shell script programming
- Ability to automate administration tasks, perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning and administer security
- Experience with optimization of high-volume databases (>300GB) and large, distributed J2EE applications
- Familiarity with scripting languages like XQUERY, XPATH and/or Java Script
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Consultant
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SA1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, IN