Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 30558
Position Title: Managed Services ConsultantÂ Â
We are the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. We make our customers successful on Informatica products. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth that a position in consulting helps us.
As a Professional Services Consultant, you will provide product expertise and data management knowledge to manage and maintain Informatica products for our customers. The consultant will work closely with the various integrated internal Informatica teams, other Informatica consultants, customer/partner resources, Global Customer Support and Product Management to ensure customer’s success and satisfaction with our products and services and contribute to their long-term loyalty.
This position requires a skilled consultant with knowledge of Informatica Big Data Management(BDM), PC (Power Center) and IDQ (Informatica Data Quality) administration and support activities, RDBMS and/or Java experience. The successful candidate will support the Informatica customer implementations. Working with or within a team, he will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business.
Our Ideal Candidate
You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy – and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a team of Informatica and/or Business Partners. You take a primary point of contact role with clients and/or Informatica stakeholders. Your problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing issues and challenges. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Analyze issues that may occur in a customer environment
- Support overall BDM, PC or IDQ environments at customer
- Develop and design new modules/enhancements
- Support administration of BDM, PC or IDQ environments
- Demonstrate a strong desire to grow both technically and as a trusted team player
You are responsible for making our customers successful by supporting them on administration related tasks on their environments along with supporting enhancements requested by them on their Informatica BDM, PC or IDQ environments. You work in association with other Informatica consultants, team members in the effective use and deployment of Informatica products like Informatica BDM, PC or IDQ.
- Support Informatica upgrades and installation related areas
- Perform and migrate development activities on various modules
- Support enhancement on the different areas of implemented product/s
- Proactively work with the team on managing and monitoring customer environments
- Support P0/P1 escalations
- Document and review requirements, services requests, enhancements, operational activities, technical and specifications changes
- Apply Informatica’ s Velocity Methodology and Best Practices during incidents, enhancements and SR’s with ability to coach and mentor customers in the adoption of Velocity
- Author and publish knowledgebase articles
- Provide regular reports to communicate customer environment status, both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or MCA
- Up to 2 years of working experience in either or combination of Informatica BDM and/or PC
- Experience with product implementations, administration, installation and configuration and/or Hadoop integration project execution
- Familiarity with BI and ETL tools (Enterprise Data Catalogue(EDC), Data Quality, ICRT, etc.)
- Familiarity with common Hadoop security technologies including Kerberos, Active Directory, Sentry, Ranger and other protocols
- Must be able to solve problem outside your areas of expertise
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
Additional skills preferred
- Experience in working on cloud environments as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience in Linux/ Red Hat environment and shell script programming
- Expert-level database skills in Oracle or new generation data management software such as Teradata, Greenplum, Redshift, etc.
- Administration skills in Hadoop ecosystems such as Cloudera, Hortonworks or MapR
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: MDM Consultant
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SA1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN