MDM Principal Consultant
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 30559
Position Title: Managed ServicesÂ Principal ConsultantÂ Â
We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. We ensure our customer’s success in deploying our data integration and analytic platforms. Our consultants work with our customers and business partners both on short-term assignments to lend tactical expertise as well as long-term efforts to ensure we deliver Big Data projects in accordance with customer expectations.
As a Principal Consultant with Informatica Professional Services (IPS), you will provide product expertise and data management knowledge to deliver the most architecturally efficient and cost-effective solution for our customer’s data integration projects. The Senior Consultant will work closely with the customer, other Informatica consultants and customer/partner resources, Sales, Global Customer Support and Product Management to ensure customer’s success and satisfaction with our products and services and contribute to their long-term loyalty. The successful candidate will drive the Informatica PowerCenter and Big Data customer implementations. Working either independently, with or within a team, you will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are a technology-savvy IT professional who strives for excellence and is known as a trusted advisor to the customer. You are a self-starter, possess outstanding communication and customer-relationship skills and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. Your advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. Applying your superior business acumen and resource management skills you meet deadlines and set the example for good work procedures. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Adapt to customer’s work culture and establish an excellent working relationship with them
- Travel, both within India and overseas
- Demonstrate a strong desire to grow both technically and as a trusted advisor to the customer
- Manage the customer relationship by serving as the single point of contact before, during and after engagements
- Design data management solutions based on customer needs and Informatica products
- Pre-sales assistance at customer meetings and building work estimates and plans
- Provide technical leadership to customer/partner resources and Informatica consultants
- Guide projects using the Informatica Velocity Methodology to ensure customer success and a high return on Informatica software investment
- Coach and mentor customers in the adoption of Velocity
- Author and publish knowledgebase articles and serve as a go-to resource within the practice for technical information.
- Provide regular reports to communicate project status both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or MCA
- 10+ years of experience with multiple complex Data Integration project implementations
- Expert-level skills in PowerCenter and/or Informatica Big Data Management
- Practical working experience with one of the adjacent technologies such as Power Exchange, Data Quality, Data Transformation, Data Exchange
- Solid understanding of Hadoop architecture and components
- Hands on experience with at least one leading Hadoop distribution system – Cloudera, Hortonworks etc.
- Expert-level database skills in at least one major RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Teradata) and exposure to many
- Hands-on experience and intermediate scripting skills in Operating Systems (Windows, Unix and Linux)
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of managing customer expectations
- Strong Analytical and Solution Design Skills
- Should contribute to building proposals and services offerings
Other preferred skills for this role include
- Informatica certification in PowerCenter and/or Big Data Management preferred
- Consulting skills
- Presentation skills
- Problem Solving
- Mentoring, Advising, and Coaching skills
- Training Skills
- Networking (knowledge acquisition from resources throughout the company)
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: MDM Principal Consultant
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SA1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN