Principal Consultant - Federal
Location: Reston, Virginia US
Job Number: 30581
Position Title: Principal Consultant PS
Senior Consultant (Federal)
Develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities, typically onsite at the customer's location. Responsibilities include client identification through final invoicing for engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Performance is typically evaluated based on utilization, (i.e., billable hours). Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
The Consultant shall integrate with the customer Resource Planning Office team and work in a coordinated and collaborative manner to provide the necessary support and expertise, with the ultimate goal of ensuring that the RPO achieves its mission and objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
All business intelligence software development lifecycle aspects are critical to success in this role, including requirements gathering, database and ETL design and development, server and database environments maintenance, performance tuning, reports/dashboard development, testing, and O&M.
The Development Task includes but is not limited to the following:
- Enterprise data warehouse, data marts and other business intelligence database design and ETL development.
- Provide database and administration support to databases in Development, QA and Production environments, and to the developers.
- Determine file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for system databases and ETL processes.
- Provide technical expertise and development services for ETL processes in Dev, QA, and Production.
- Provide performance tuning and expertise for ETL processes in Dev, QA, and Production.
- Recommend and implement process and technical improvements to existing architecture and system configuration.
- Provide technical expertise for the production of detailed database design and design documentation including data models/data flows with each new source integration in support of new reporting application.
- Hardware, software, data, and security architecture responsibilities
- Assess and provide technical expertise to integrate security requirements into the existing security model implemented in MicroStrategy, Informatica, Oracle, or other COTS implemented on project.
- Provide feasible solutions and/or options to minimize security risk.
- Provide migration strategies to cloud architectures
- MicroStrategy application project development and user interface design, including pre- canned reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Develop MicroStrategy User-Facing Functionality.
- Provide “Tool-tips” features (e.g., definition/description of data field when user hovers over it) for all attributes and metrics and easily visible and accessible data dictionaries.
- Make available attributes and/or metrics to advanced reports users (for ad-hoc reporting) for new fields introduced via dashboards and reports.
Knowledge & Skills
- Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization who resolves wide ranges of issues in creative ways.
- This is the fully qualified, career oriented, journey level position.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Expands skills and practical knowledge by routinely working with experts in the field and outside of immediate team/area/segment.
- A technical consulting background coupled with an awareness of key Informatica solutions areas ( Cloud, MDM, Big Data, DQ, DI, Data Security)
- Recent and demonstrable experience working with large customers and enterprise software deployment projects and a good understanding of common enterprise applications
- The ability to explore, examine and understand complex problems at speed and understand how these relate to the customer’s business needs and project goals
- Able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations
- Highly effective at communicating clearly to technical and business audiences, interpersonally or in presentations.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- This role requires an active Top-Secret clearance
- Active meaning the clearance was initially granted and/or revalidated within the last five years.
Location of Work
Work shall be performed at FBI facilities in the Washington DC metro area, at FBI HQ and at the Consultant’s facility. The primary work location is FBI Headquarters.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) : VA, DC or MD
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Consultant - Federal
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KS1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Reston, Virginia US