Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 30631
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer (Ops Team)
Lead Software Engineer, Cloud Product Operations
Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe -- ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
Informatica Cloud is the clear market leader of the Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) providers. We provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management and other Enterprise Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. You will be working on the Cloud Product Operations team, and will be responsible for the management, monitoring and operation of our services in production. We use cutting edge Cloud hosting, monitoring and deployment technologies to deliver a world class, non-disruptive Cloud user experience to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a bright, organized, and dedicated cloud operations engineer with deep knowledge and hands-on experience in Linux administration, Microsoft technologies, server monitoring, application management and Software engineering. You will become the primary contact in supporting our 24 x 7 SaaS operation environment, deploying data management products into Cloud (like AWS and Azure), automate the delivery, maintenance and monitoring the services. You will work closely with R&D, QA, CloudTrust and IT teams to implement product delivery processes, automation, monitoring and alerting tools. This position will report to Director of Cloud Operations and is based in the company’s Bangalore location. You will be a key contributor in a lean and high impact team that is aligned in different geographic locations. You are comfortable with supporting and operating high availability Cloud services and provide on-call support for Sev1 incidents on production and critical development/QA cloud environments. You will ensure patching of the Informatica products on the cloud, linux machines and databases, performance monitoring, documentation of tasks. You are self-motivated with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
As a Lead Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for architecture, design, automating and building our next generation cloud CI/CD pipeline and infrastructure. You must be able to work in and adapt to a fluid, fast-paced environment. You must have strong communication, collaboration and technical skills. In this individual contributor role, You will,
- Own and contribute towards end-to-end agile DevOps based software development life cycle with end to end automation in mind (Tools & Processes)
- Establish software architecture patterns with High Availability, scale, security, monitoring, and configuration of cloud platform services.
- Planning, installing and deploying highly available solutions on public cloud
- Data center agnostic architecture and design to support AWS, GCP and Azure etc.
- Develop the automation tools for deployment, patch updates and disaster recovery
- Support the agile software development process among cross-functional teams to ensure smooth product delivery
- Be a primary person to handle P0/P1 incidents reported in production and staging landscape
- Work with development teams across multiple organizations to drive automation, establish software standards, service modularity, testing standards, and deployment/management of microservices.
- Automating build, release/deployment, manual processes and workflows
- Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis and provide high quality solutions to technical issues
- Liaison with the Informatica Security Council to manage and defined ICS application security compliance standards
- Design and implement improvements to operation of the services on the cloud, through tuning at the application and database layer
- Support and improve our tools, infrastructure, and processes that support rapid and reliable delivery of high-quality software to our production service.
- Advocate for improving our build and release toolchain.
- Support deployment activities of development and production releases including troubleshooting of release blockers such as infrastructure, configuration and code.
- Assist development in troubleshooting system and software issues in all environments
- Design/manage process for Docker creation pipeline
- Write effective documentation
- Manage RCA, Incident Process, and Risk Analysis of the cloud services
- On-call support in cases of issues on production environment
- Provide proactive support on critical issues, including liaison with business users, system users.
- Take ownership and resolve the issues related to production environment within expected by SLA time frames
- Keep up to date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
Technology You’ll Use not limited to the following:
- Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), cloud log services (ELK), cloud application monitoring tools (Elastic APM, AppDynamics)
- Jenkins and Spinnaker CI/CD tools
- Git version control systems
- Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Helm, Istio, Kiali, Service Mesh
- Telemetry tools which include Prometheus, ELK
6+ years of Designing and implementing end to end automation in CI/CD for enterprise product in cloud platform.
- Experience across entire SDLC, CI/CD tools, with configuration & release management, deployments, and troubleshooting in cloud environments
- Significant experience with tools used for automated deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers such as Kubernetes/Mesos
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Hands on experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, bamboo, Spinnaker
- Strong scripting experience with Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, GitHub and code branching/merging strategies
- Expertise with build package and release tools such as npm, Maven, JVM, Ant and Gradle
- Experience with tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Sumo Logic, ELK, Jaeger, Opsgenie is added advantage
- Experience with deploying Docker images in the Cloud delivered through AWS EKS is preferred
- Network automation such as switch configurations, routing, & load balancers
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes), Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry,
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
Education / Experience
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineering with Cloud DevOps experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AR1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN