Lead QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 30647
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
Informatica Data Security Group (DSG) is a product development team who focus on development of Industry Leading Data Security Products. The products help customers to discover and protect sensitive data across the enterprise.
As the Lead Software Engineer, you will be part of the Informatica Analyst Tool R&D team. You are expected to implement product development on time and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements.
Our Ideal Candidate
One, who has highly motivated, experienced and a professional with a good understanding of object oriented design and programming. One who exhibit excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills & have good experience in web based product development.
- Develop automated tests not only for your products but also in support of other QA engineers
- Design and develop test frameworks and maintain existing internal QA tools
- Design and develop test plans and test cases based upon functional and design specifications focusing on specific user stories including test cases for regression of current products
- Participate actively in an Agile based development / testing environment, including reviews and planning activities
- Participate actively in functional, system, stress, longevity and regression testing activities
- Implement test cases/suites leveraging tools like Testng, Selenium and JUnit
- Execute planned testing tasks and provide timely and accurate analysis of findings
- Good hands-on with Linux Operating System
- Analyze and report test results to product teams
- Participate in test case reviews and provide feedback
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation reviews
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve the bugs
- Collaborate effectively with engineers to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Influence development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned technologies
Troubleshoot functional, stability, stress test issues and recommend solutions
- Assist customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Mentor juniors involved in the same work.
- Understand technical test challenges and design feasible solutions to address them
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team in an agile environment in delivering high quality products
- Organize own tasks and takes responsibility for progress and completion
- Interacts with senior, internal and external personnel.
- Ability to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products.
- Interacts with and influences other groups on same product and cross product groups.
- Have a positive attitude towards the challenges and possess the feel to be a good fit with Informatica culture.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems).
- Self motivated and urge to learn new technologies and contribute new innovations
- BE/M.E. in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline from top tier engineering schools
- 6 or more years of professional experience in software development, testing and automation framework development
- Understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments
- Experience with different test automation techniques and developing stable and efficient automation frameworks
- Understanding of SOAP and REST based APIs testing
- Good to have experience with testing and automating tests for Cloud-based applications
- Working knowledge of JAVA application servers including Tomcat
- Familiarity with functional and non-functional software requirements
- Good understanding of Quality Engineering Methodologies
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technologies/product areas
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
- Proven track record to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed in a dynamic environment
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Energetic and motivated self-starter with an ability to think creatively
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead QA Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN