Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 30651
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
The Knowledge Base (KB) team is a group of Content Analysts who are responsible for all documentation within Informatica Global Customer Support (GCS). Content Analysts are primarily responsible for editing and publishing technical articles, monitoring site traffic and content adoption by customers, designing and reviewing support videos and multimedia modules, executing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) activities, authoring end-user manuals, and publishing blogs in-house and on the company websites.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to create and manage the content within our internal and external Knowledge Base. In this role, you will be required to use your writing and editing skills to ensure that the knowledge base articles published are of highest quality. Understanding of the workings of a support organization, content management, and search engine optimization are critical for this role.
As an integral part of the KB team, you will be expected to:
- Edit Knowledge Base articles for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Informatica's commitment to quality
- Ensure timely availability and searchability of highly technical documents in Informatica Knowledge Base to our customers
- Review the content consumption by customers and devise strategies to ensure better adoption
- Identify Knowledge gaps and communicate to SMEs to ensure that the gaps are addressed
- Track and report on regular KPIs, plan to work on metrics that are needs improvement
- Inline with KCS Methodologies, share knowledge from findings across other organizations adopting KCS
- Plan, develop, and write highly technical information that describes the functionality and behavior of Informatica products
- Gather information from technical specialists and SMEs and write FAQs, technical tips, and white papers on common problems reported by customers
- Understand and gain hands-on experience on Informatica productsYour Qualification
- 3+ years in the field of technical writing/content management/knowledge management
- Proficiency of Knowledge Base concepts is mandatory
- Understanding of a CRM and KCS compliant authoring system such as Salesforce is recommended
- Understanding of site traffic analysis, HTML, Web concepts, and hands-on experience in video editing or with tools such as Omniture, Woopra, or Walk Me is good to have
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/English/Journalism or equivalent technical experience
- Certification in Technical Writing or Instructional Design will be an added advantage
- Excellent writing, documentation, presentation and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office is mandatory
- Great attitude, energy, and attention to detail are critical
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Content Analyst
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN