Senior Software Engineer
Location: Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 30667
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Informatica is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Java, C++) with experience in designing and developing large scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services to join our team in Maidenhead.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the Informatica Cloud Database Ingestion Service – a service that enables you to ingest data, at scale, from selected data sources and transfer the data with low latency to messaging systems and big data targets. In the role of Senior Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use
- Java and C++
- Web service technologies (HTTP, REST, JSON).
- Java application servers (Tomcat, Jetty).
- Spring Boot.
- IDE and build tools (Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven, Jenkins).
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG).
What You’ll Do
- You will participate in the development effort of our cloud and on-premise based software within the Replication and Adapter Technology business unit.
- You will be involved in developing a solution on Informatica’s microservices-based cloud platform, using the latest cutting-edge cloud technologies.
- You will provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules.
- You will work with the QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive testing.
- You will give sprint demos to PMs and other stakeholders to show progress against requirements.
- You will participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making, and technical documentation.
- Strong programming skills and significant Java and C++ programming experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 4+ years of enterprise software development experience.
- Experience in using IDE and build tools (Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven, Jenkins)
- Experience in developing on multiple platforms (Windows, Linux).
What Does Success Look Like?
- You are an experienced software engineer who has deep system expertise.
- You have experience in developing large scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services.
- You enjoy working on technically challenging projects.
- You are willing to work on many different projects and interested in assuming various responsibilities.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience of continuous integration/delivery.
- JVM performance tuning.
- Experience working with public cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Messaging technologies (Kafka, JGroups).
- Expertise in database programming and database application development.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MH2
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Maidenhead, GB