Principal Solutions Architect
Location: City, US
Job Number: 30712
Position Title: Principal Services Solutions Architect
Job Profile SummaryThe Services Solutions Architect will work with sales staff, delivery staff, and marketing to successfully scope and position customer solutions. Primarily responsible for the identification, design, and development of technology solutions for Professional Services customer engagements. Defines client needs and develops a plan and proposal for delivery of the project. Viewed by customers as a trusted technical adviser. Performance is typically evaluated based on the capture of the services engagement and/or individual utilization, (i.e., billable hours). Travel to customer sites may reach or exceed 50%, as applicable to the customer engagement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Holds primary responsibility for the technical viability of a customer solution.
- Defines client needs and develops a plan and/or proposal for the technical delivery of the project.
- Accountable for technical solution design and delivery process definition.
- Partners with delivery staff, Portfolio/Delivery Managers, and account management to understand the business requirements of the customer.
- Proactively acts to prevent project risk and/or overruns before they can surface.
- Mentors lesser scoped Professional Services staff to develop those tracking to the Services Solutions Architect career path.
- Expected to add to the knowledge base/best practices of the function.
- May have routine contact with senior-most external and internal stakeholders, where executive communication and influencing-skills are paramount.
- At this level, incumbents are aligned to complex engagements with strategic importance.
- Incumbents are expected to provide industry / technical expertise in one or more functional areas and work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, and R&D colleagues.
- Shares expertise through educational development and delivery, speaking engagements and blogs, and other social media outreach.
Knowledge & Skills
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
- Thorough understanding of Informatica business priorities, strategy and direction.
- Works across the organization and maintains/builds strong working relationships based in experiences/past interactions.
- Proven track record of professional services delivery and customer relationship management within largest, most strategic enterprise software engagements.
- In depth experience with and exposure to complementary (non-Informatica) technologies and industry best practices
- Expertise within one or more industry verticals (Manufacturing, Retail, Banking, etc.)
- Well adept at executive level audience interpersonal communication and presentation formats.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Solutions Architect
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US