Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 30765
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer with experience in software design and development of large-scale distributed enterprise application and platform services to join our Cloud Data Integration team in Bangalore, India.
As our Principal Software Engineer and as part of agile team member, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and building the next generation microservices based cloud platform using the latest cutting-edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Saleforce.com, Microsoft Azure and Docker, to provide non-disruptive cloud data integration service to our customers
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Responsible for Performance and scalability of the features
- Technology You’ll Use: (Only for R & D Jobs)
- In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills Java
- J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team, compose and review the feature design documents
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing and review QA test specifications
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stake holders to show progress against requirements
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration/Data Replication and/or Enterprise Application Integration product
- Excellent coding and object-oriented design skills in Java and C++(minimal)
- Familiarity with MVC and coding patterns
What We’d Like to See
- Development experience in microservices based architecture.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred
- Solid knowledge of relational database system fundamentals desired
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-CT1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN