Senior System Administrator – Nagios
Location: Kraków, PL
Job Number: 30766
Position Title: Senior IT Automation Engineer
Informatica is currently looking for a Senior Nagios and Automation Engineer, with experience in Nagios & Automation (e.g. Shell scripting, Python, Pearl), to join our team in Krakow.
As a Senior Nagios and Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our existing Nagios infrastructure. In the role of S Senior Nagios and Automation Engineer, you must be able to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior Nagios and Automation Engineerr you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
What You’ll Do
- Be very hands-on in understanding the low-level working details of the product.
- Well Versed with Nagios XI GUI and Command-line; should be able to configure dashboard; Infrastructure monitoring across all the layers.
- Experience in upgrading Nagios infrastructure.
- Well-versed with the usage of Nagios Plugins for customized monitoring needs.
- Well-versed with notification automation and alert suppression automation.
- Well-versed with Passive, Distributed monitoring within Nagios
- Experience in auto healing of alerts.
- Expert in any of the following programming languages: Ruby, Python, Shell scripts. You'll use your coding skills to automate tasks and integrate Nagios with existing tools such as Service Now, VCenter, SNOW, Qualys etc.
- Problem resolution and Root Cause Analysis. Initiate, assess, test, verify, document and quality assure system updates.
- Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in Nagios (Primary Domain).
- Good to have knowledge in Solar Winds, Splunk, RHEL 7,8 , Windows 2012,2016,2019.
- Communication, both written and verbal in English
- Ability to pick up existing codebases.
- Experience in using GitHub for software configuration management.
What Does Success Look Like?
Informatica delivers authoritative and trustworthy data quality to all stakeholders, all projects, and all data domains for all projects and all business applications—on premise or in the cloud—using a single, unified platform. Informatica Data Governance helps data-driven organizations realize the full potential value of their data assets while simultaneously managing risk and compliance. It enables data stewards, data architects and chief data officers to define, measure and monitor the effectiveness of their governance programs and ensures effective collaboration amongst all governance stakeholders throughout the organization
Nice to Have
- Knowledge in Event correlation tools
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior System Administrator – Nagios
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MH2
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kraków, PL