Location: Illinois, United States
Job Number: 30795
Position Title: Solutions Consultant
Primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. This is a field pre-sales role that requires travel to customer locations up to, and may exceed, 50% of the time, based on the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Account Manager to qualify and do discovery around sales opportunities, to influence and develop sales account strategy, and to position technology around competitive threats and alternatives.
- Engages with customers and prospects to demonstrate our solutions and products, effectively communicate the key core value proposition, and key differentiators, and to confirm Informatica technical viability for the opportunity
- Collaborates with Account Manager to complete Technical aspects of RFIs and RFPs, identifies competitive landscape, expected competitive behavior, and known competitive preferences.
- As the owner of the technical sales process, owns and manages the development, delivery and/or orchestration of technical activities driving toward technical validation, technical selection and technical closure with the customer (technical presentations, POCs, demos…)
- Collaborates with Implementation Team and Customer Success to ensure proper handoff from Sales to Implementation Provider (Partner/IPS) or Success Managers.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. contact information, opportunity details, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
- Attends and completes in person, on demand, and online enablement for Sales and/or Presales as needed.
- Routinely explains and sells the technical aspects of the solution to customers up to and including large global institutions, including Informatica’s most complex accounts.
- At this level, the incumbent may contribute feedback, materials, information that improves the quality of the SC community, contribute to Regional Sales and/or Presales specific programs, and mentor lesser scoped/experienced SC staff.
- Advises on competitive stance and creates counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence and positioning eg. SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats)
- Recognized as a spokesperson who actively seeks opportunities for speaking engagements at conferences, partner events, and user groups and may also have work published.
Knowledge & Skills
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
- Complete, “big-picture” understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Driven, self-starter who exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board.
- Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
- Advanced technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, Big Data, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Solutions Consultant
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KP1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US