Senior Design Systems Designer
Job Number: 30821
Position Title: Senior User Experience Designer
Senior Design Systems Designer
We’re currently looking for a Senior Design Systems Designer with experience in defining and evolving design systems, components and patterns at scale to join our team. While the core design system team is based in Redwood City, CA, you may work from anywhere in North America.
As a Senior Design Systems Designer, you will be responsible for partnering with the extended Design System Team to design the UI and interaction of components and patterns for our cloud products. In the role of Lead Design Systems Designer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as a Lead Design Systems Designer you must have strong interaction design, technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Products and Technology, You’ll Use:
- Design tools (Sketch, InVision, Axure RP, etc.)
- Collaboration tools & processes (MS teams, Confluence, Jira)
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
As a Lead Design Systems Designer, you will:
- Deliver designs for UI component and patterns to plan while working closely with a global, cross-functional design and development team
- Define the components holistically from interaction flow, motion/transitions, accessibility compliance and visual design
- Deliver pixel-perfect static and interactive mockups
- Author thorough usage guidelines that connect and resonate with the teams using our design systems
- Be a design ambassador for the product teams. Articulate design decisions to product design, engineering and product
- Foster a fun, creative, collaborative spirit.
- 5 – 7 years of experience designing user interfaces and user experiences for consumer or enterprise software technology products
- 2+ years of experience working on design systems required
- Online portfolio that demonstrates focus on design systems, design process, interaction design, visual design, creation of guidelines and finished documentation
- Proven ability to create end-to-end designs -- from interaction design through visual design
- Extremely high attention to detail. You set the bar for UI perfection and consistency
- Demonstrated experience developing and communicating UI design specifications
- Proven effectiveness working in global, cross-functional teams
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision, and other design tools
- Excellent written and verbal skills
What We’d Like to See
- Work with design systems as a contributor and as a consumer of it
- Experience designing UIs for browser-based applications
- Designing the UI that supports SaaS and cloud-native characteristics
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Design Systems Designer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US