Senior Manager, Professional Services
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 30842
Position Title: Manager II, IPS
Senior Manager, Professional Services
Oversees the development and implementation of detailed technology solutions for clients using company products, outsourced solutions or proprietary tools/techniques. Responsible for defining the client needs, developing a proposal to meet those needs, as well as overseeing the implementation of the complete project solution. Performs in both a people management capacity and a technical leadership capacity. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or utilization (i.e., billable hours for the department) or performance against budget. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists recruiting team with sourcing, interviewing and hiring of qualified personnel
• Participates in management enablement and management strategy meetings as requested
• Audits existing engagements where field personnel are delivering work products
• Participates in delivery of effective orientation and retention programs (i.e. mentor program, career counseling) that benefit team-member professional development
• Moderates and relays Corporate and Practice communication on team based status forums and status meetings (regularly scheduled conference calls, Live Meetings, etc.)
• Drives department/practice initiatives
• Effectively liaise with and support key Informatica internal partners such as ACE/GCS
Knowledge & Skills
• Uses strong leadership in collaboration and prioritization to manage and influence operations in the functional area.
• Advanced level analytical and problem solving skills in their functional area, with the ability to influence others.
• Delivers upon and drives strategic initiatives in the functional area, as well as influencing across the organization.
• Engages frequently with BU executives to provide functional expertise advice that influences business unit strategy.
• Uses long term business area objectives to guide work and to direct the work of others.
• Builds effective team(s) through the development of staff and subordinate leaders, both individually and collectively.
• Ability to drive staff retention, professional development and performance reviews, including the mentoring, coaching and recruiting of staff
• Experienced at providing consistent, effective management of key team and project success metrics (utilization, revenue, margin, milestones, etc.)
• Experienced in project planning and staff scheduling to ensure appropriate leverage of resources
• Extensive experience in managing, containing and delivering on customer expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables and outcomes.
• Expert at communicating effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences; must be able to persuade and influence the actions of others; Interactions will range from routine to complex and include formal and informal presentations, one-on-one and cross departmental group discussions
• Experience managing multiple teams through subordinate managers
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 12+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) : Houston, Chicago, Central US
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Professional Services
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US