Job Number: 30902
Position Title: Manager, Presales
Senior Manager, Presales
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, explains, and sells the technical aspects of the solution to customers.
• Promotes the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives while building long-term relationships with customers.
• Serves as a technical coach to colleagues in sales, professional services, product management and engineering.
• May prepare and deliver differentiated solution presentations/demonstrations or technical proposals to prospective customers.
• Qualifies, manages, monitors technical validation activities, including demos, workshops, proof of concepts.
• Coordinates and organizes demand generating activities like Accounts days, tradeshows, marketing events or customer workshops.
• Manages a team of consultants and resources: allocation of pre- sales for each opportunity (Lead SC), training, review.
• Drives team readiness managing hiring process timely, conducting performance reviews, coaching, and developing team technical skills.
• Speaks in customer / marketing forums to increase brand awareness and propagate Informatica solutions/platform and gain mindshare and market share.
• Holds self and team accountable for timely documentation, as applicable, within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.).
• Drives best practices (account management, forecasting, Sales practices,….and influences positive behavior across the organization (communication).
• Supports the Product team through the product development lifecycle and provide inputs on product features from a business requirements/customer perspective.
• At this level, may lead important projects that require providing experienced project team members with instruction, guidance and advice in all aspects of the project to ensure delivery of quality outcomes.
Knowledge & Skills
• Uses strong leadership in collaboration and prioritization to manage and influence operations in the presales team.
• Delivers upon and drives strategic initiatives in the functional area, as well as influencing across the organization.
• Deep industry technical knowledge and understanding of a customer's decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
• Fully adept at presentations, financial acumen, negotiation, executive presence, and mentoring/coaching.
• Independently determines approach to managing team and daily operations.
• Motivating, positive presence and the ability to lead and compel others to achieve objectives.
• Builds effective team(s) through the development of presales staff, both individually and as a team.
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 12+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Presales
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JL1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US