Technical Support Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 30919
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with a proven record of accomplishment doing Technical support for Software products(Cloud or On-premise) to join our Global Customer Support team. In this role, you’ll use your analytical thinking and influencing skills for becoming a trusted advisor to our customers on technical issues through ongoing technical relationship guidance during the whole cycle of a technical issue from inception to closure. You would also get opportunities to work with other Principal Lead engineers to ensure operational efficiency. As an employee with Informatica’s Global Customer support Team,
- You will be part of a strong team of knowledgeable and committed technical specialists and connected onto the worldwide Informatica technical pool.
- On the job training and on-going learning and development are a key part of why our professionals are widely respected and are treated as world number one in technical support arena.
- Thriving in a fast-paced support environment, you’ll work with our customers and solve their complex technical problems, related to Informatica’ s Cloud products like Cloud MDM, Informatica Cloud and Cloud Extend, and its peripheries like various databases along with different Operating Systems etc.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Constructively work together as a team, sharing ideas and resources.
- A high degree of analytical and problem solving abilities.
- You’re a natural leader who strives for excellence and is known as a resourceful and prodigious technical ability.
- You possess good communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy
- Are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- You’re advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Your advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Applying your superior technical Skills to meet service request SLAs, meet and exceed customer expectations.
As an integral part of the Global Customer Support team, you will provide technical support for Informatica products. The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage customer support cases on a daily basis, including verifying cases, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue
- Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
- Ensure that knowledge management and data capture processes are adhered to and encourage and help convert technical solutions are converted to Knowledgebase articles
- Approaching complex technical issues with varying perceptions and making use of opportunities to create and implement productivity tools
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships
- Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team
- Continuously enhancing knowledge through trainings and e-learning courses
- Helping customers succeed
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
- US Citizen is preferred for this role
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- 2 + years of experience in the software industry (Supporting products built in Salesforce.com or any SaaS platform preferable)
- Salesforce.com certification is desirable (Adm 201 or Dev 401).
- SAAS experience (Nestuite, Workday, Amazon, Snowflake) desirable.
- Experience in Windows and Linux OS.
-Experience with MySQL,Java, Rest or Apex a plus.
- Customer Success Management experience.
- Working knowledge on Informatica Cloud, ETL, SAAS and/or data management is desirable.
- Experience either as a technical support engineer for enterprise application or as an implementation consultant, with experience in front-line contact with customers/Clients via phone and e-mail. Experience in second and/or third line support is an advantage.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, TX
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-YK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US