Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 30927
Position Title: Sr Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a Lead technical support engineer, with a proven record of accomplishment in technical field to join our Global Customer Support Organization. As a Support engineer, you will provide technical support for all Informatica products. You will be responsible for ensuring our customers’ success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy – and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Your advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitude allows you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Manage customer support cases on a daily basis, including verifying cases, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work-around and solutions
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects
- Author, edit, publish and maintain a knowledge base of known issues/solutions - Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team
- Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions - Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
- BE , BTech, MCA degree or equivalent technical experience
- 6+ years of industry experience in supporting mission critical software components
- Experience with Informatica MDM, ActiveVOS, P360.
- Exposure to Any application servers like weblogic, Jboss, websphere.
- Experience in JAVA, Oracle, MSSQL Server and/or DB2
- Need some exposer on Unix/ Linux
- Must be detailed oriented with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent analysis, debugging and trouble-shooting skills, and persistence in problem solving
- Strong Customer Relations and Support experience; must be comfortable interacting with customers and executives in a professional and welcoming manner
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think about complex problems and come up with creative solutions
- Good understanding of corporate online collaboration and knowledge management best practice
- Expertise in multiple areas will be a plus. For example, subject matter expert within own discipline/specialty area and basic knowledge of other disciplines / specialty areas
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under own initiative and respond to peaks in demand
The candidate must be proficient in spoken and written English to be able to communicate with Customers globally
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN