DataOps Product Specialist
Job Number: 30985
Position Title: Product Specialist
Leads all technical aspects of a sales cycle (Discovery, demonstrations, architectural discussions, technical proofs, etc.) specializing in various cutting-edge technologies or vendors (Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, GCP, Spark, Kubernetes, Dev Ops, CI/CD frameworks).
Uses in-depth product expertise to provide technical guidance to sales staff, other presales resources, and customers.
- Architect of solution based upon sales and technical best practices. Specialist will help scope and identify best form of technical validation based on customers’ needs.
- Regular engagement with product management teams to provide feedback on product capabilities, trends seen in fields, customer requests and competitive information.
- This is a pre-sales role that may require travel to customer and event locations. Travel typically is less than 30% of the time based on the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the knowledge base of subject matter material for your area of expertise and provides feedback for enhancements and future market opportunities to fill product issues and gaps or extend competitive advantage.
- Actively participates in alpha & beta testing cycles and maintains high level of expertise in technical focus area, solution or domain.
- Works to ensure technical wins during sales cycles by performing technical qualification of opportunities where regional teams lack resource on the subject matter, architect solutions from customer requirements, performing solution demonstrations & other proof points, and proving Informatica’s technical capabilities to reinforce the value proposition driven by the account team.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
- Actively participates in obtaining "technical closure" when the product specialist team is responsible for leading an opportunity.
- Acting as a conduit between presales and other technology functions within Informatica for product direction and feedback.
- Advises on competitive stance and creates counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence and positioning eg. SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats).
- Provides enablement and mentorship to the broader presales community on new and advanced capabilities of Informatica’s solutions and sufficient knowledge of the technical domain.
Knowledge & Skills
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
- Can gather complete, “big-picture” understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Driven, self-starter who exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board
- Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
- Advanced technical knowledge of software solutions concerning the domains of data warehousing, data integration, data cataloging or cloud data management solutions.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Preference of 3+ years of related professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: DataOps Product Specialist
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KP1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US