Director, Paid Media
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 30989
Position Title: Director, Online Marketing
Informatica is currently looking for a Paid Media Director with demonstrated experience to drive our paid media strategy to help increase demand, while strengthening the positioning of our brand, to join our team in Redwood City, California or Austin Texas.
As a Director, Paid Media, you are a customer-obsessed, growth-focused digital marketer who is equal parts creative and analytically-driven, digital-native, with an exceptionally well-versed understanding of optimizing performance media with the full funnel impact of brand building. In the role of Director, Paid Media, you will develop, execute and optimize our paid media programs to increase reach to our targeted audiences and accounts, drive top of the funnel consideration and qualified leads with an integrated cross-channel approach. Areas of responsibilities for the Director, Paid Media include presenting actionable insights with performance improvement recommendations, designing experimentation test agendas with closed loop tuning for optimal conversion, and evolving our in-house media capabilities to stay ahead of modern marketing technologies and strategies.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage our global media agency and in-house teams to build an integrated full-funnel media plan for funded NA, EMEA and APJ countries and ensure programs are aligned with business objectives, delivered effectively, and within budget.
- Be our in-house media expert, who leads the development of media plans including (re) targeting strategies, media mix investments, and program performance.
- Continuously tune media mix to drive maximum reach / penetration across all brand and performance channels, including, audio, display, social, programmatic, re-targeting, Connected TV, etc.
- Develop innovative, personalization strategies for audience segments/clusters.
- Design a learning agenda with A/B test-and-learn experiments embedded into the media strategy and planning approach.
- Partner with Digital Web Experience leader to rigorously monitor both traffic and conversion through the web channel, with agile tuning as needed.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Creative, Web, Corporate Comms, Social, Field, etc.) to build integrated media plan in support of key launches (brand, campaign, events).
- Leverage multi-touch attribution tools to optimize media mix to ensure performance and pace hit awareness and pipeline growth targets.
- Delivers holistic readouts of KPIs and makes recommendations to address downward trends and surface opportunities to improve engagement and conversion.
- Establish forecast and make recommendations on budget allocation and goals.
- Ensure consistency and scale across priority countries, with continuous feedback loop with regional teams to stay in lockstep on objectives and adjust media programs as needed.
- Stay on top of competitive activity: spend, share-of-voice and messaging to inform optimization actions – including partnering with the Creative and Content teams to ensure we are driving compelling and differentiated audience interactions across messages and offers.
- On leading edge of best practices and technologies in B2B and modern marketing strategies.
- 15+ years in paid media strategy in either an in-house or agency role
- Bachelor's, Master's degree or equivalent degree
- Previous experience in B2B, large enterprise software industry and SaaS.
- Extensive knowledge of digital marketing channels across SEM, social, display and programmatic platforms, Connected TV, designed for full-funnel brand and demand gen.
- Experienced execution in performance marketing campaigns with ability to set goals, establish actionable KPIs, and demonstrate measurable results and improved ROAS trends.
- Experienced in multi-touch attribution and/or media mix modeling.
- Methodical and highly analytical with metrics-driven, proactively turning insights into action.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of ad platforms, such as Adwords, LinkedIn, Programmatic platform products (SA360, DV360, Demandbase, TradeDesk), DSPs, video, social and native.
- ITSMA ABM certification or equivalent.
- Keen understanding of ad operations, media reporting processes, and QA, including implementation of media platform pixels, UTMs, ad serving, bidding platforms, and viewability.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate findings to executives; comfortable building effective business reviews that story tell with data.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to formulate and drive detailed plans.
- Must be an organized and motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills who thrives on working in a fast-paced team environment.
What Does Success Look Like?
- You utilize your Digital data and insights prowess to develop effective, compelling and differentiated audience strategies through the use of all available digital techniques, including emerging platforms and technologies.
- Holistic approach to deliver growth in our top of funnel lead flow and expand our customers’ and prospects’ positive experience with the Brand.
- Passion for innovation, experimentation and reinvention
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in consulting role/change agent with mindset to build, experiment and scale.
- Comfortable in dynamic environment, with keen ability to institute structure and operationalize end-to-end process.
- Experience in marketing automation tools (Marketo/Eloqua) and SFDC
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, TX
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Paid Media
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US