Job Number: 31079
Position Title: Senior Consultant
Senior Consultant, Professional Services
Develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities, typically onsite at the customer's location. Responsibilities include client identification through final invoicing for engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Performance is typically evaluated based on utilization, (i.e., billable hours). Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives complex deployments of Informatica technology while working side by side with the customers to solve their business challenges across a variety of use cases
- Able to successfully deliver on projects as the sole Informatica Specialist or as part of a larger Informatica team.
- Mentors junior team-members and leads technical deployment teams
- Provides Technical Leadership on projects (internal/external)
- Travel to customer sites typically exceeds 50%, but may exceed 75% for extended periods, as applicable to the customer engagement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization who resolves wide ranges of issues in creative ways.
- This is the fully qualified, career oriented, journey level position.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Expands skills and practical knowledge by routinely working with experts in the field and outside of immediate team/area/segment.
- A technical consulting background coupled with an awareness of key Informatica solutions areas ( Cloud, MDM, Big Data, DQ, DI, Data Security)
- Recent and demonstrable experience working with large customers and enterprise software deployment projects and a good understanding of common enterprise applications
- The ability to explore, examine and understand complex problems at speed and understand how these relate to the customer’s business needs and project goals
- Able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations
- Highly effective at communicating clearly to technical and business audiences, interpersonally or in presentations.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Consultant
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US