Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 31131
Position Title: Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer with strong programming background with good problem-solving skills to join our team in Redwood City, California.
The Cloud Data Engineering DevOps team is responsible for development and delivery of continuous deployment pipeline. As our Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be part of the enthusiastic team developing the cloud deployment platform with microservices containerization and using Kubernetes to manage deployments with the goal of ensuring zero-downtime, high security, high availability, performance, scalability of production systems across AWS, Azure and GCP cloud ecosystems. In the role of Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in the design and development of cloud deployment platform to support zero-downtime, security, availability, performance, scalability of production systems.
- Develop advanced tooling for CI/CD operations to support deployments across multiple environments on different cloud ecosystems across different geographies.
- Troubleshoot complex production issues, including performance and function issues
- Strive for reliability and performance of large-scale environments
- Authoring technical documentation for workflows/processes/best practices.
Technology You’ll Use: (Only for R & D Jobs)
- Python/Java/Groovy, Linux scripting
- Container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
- Cloud ecosystems AWS/Azure/GCP
- Perforce, Git version control systems
- Puppet/Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps or Software development
- BS degree in a related field, MS preferred
What We’d Like to See
- Proficiency in a Python, Java or Groovy
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Willing to learn and adapt
- Good fundamentals on Release Management & continuous Integration
- Experience with CI/CD, Containers and/or virtualization, Jenkins, GitHub CI flows
- Exposure with container-based workloads management using Kubernetes is a plus
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in shell scripting
- Experience with system administration on Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure or Google GCP
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US