Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31156
Position Title: Software Engineer
The Core Technology Group (CTG) is the innovation hub within Informatica that delivers an extensible and scalable platform that is the foundation for all other Informatica products. Specifically, our team focuses on a high-performance Data Engine that can scale on Hadoop, Spark, Cloud and multi-processor environments. The engine can handle batch, request/response and real-time streaming workloads to deliver data for applications. Thousands of customers rely on our service for moving billions of records every day.
The Data Engine has been a key constituent of Informatica’s platform and serves multiple products such as Data Services, Data Quality and Profiling. Informatica products rely on the Data Engine to fulfill the vision of a Virtual Data Machine which can execute data integration jobs either natively or across execution environments such as relational databases, Hadoop or cloud.
You will be a key contributor to fulfilling this vision by working on all tiers of the product from low-level Spark runtime to UI-driven tooling to enable our customers to develop data pipelines that seamlessly run data transformation without specialized coding. This data could be enterprise and partner data from hosted Cloud services and on-premise deployments or arbitrary data from social web sites and media.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer who has used Java to work on a variety of tiers and features of software products such as data modeling and persistence, business logic, application layer and UI systems. You relish the opportunity to work at the intersection of Big Data and usability to deliver data processing capability across different use cases that include batch, request/response and real-time systems.
You enjoy technical challenges, assuming new responsibilities and leveraging your strong communication skills.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, India and will be responsible for:
- Working with technical leaders and stakeholders to understand requirements and design user interface mockups and diagrams to help visualize changes in functionality
- Ensuring product adoption by using your design and usability skills to influence technical product decisions
- Facilitating the collaboration and engagement between senior members of the team to ensure sound design and implementation of big functional areas for the Data Engine
- Working closely with architects, development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
Representative accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Mentoring team members on technical, architectural, design and related issues. We put our team first.
- Designing, implementing, documenting, analyzing and operationalizing platform features clearly to ensure that others may readily utilize them
- Interacting with QA and documentation teams to clearly communicate the features and behaviors of the system
- Reviewing functional and test specifications and conducting training sessions for global services and support teams
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- 4 or more years of relevant professional experience, a portion of which was within an enterprise software company
- Strong programming skills in Java
- Demonstrated understanding of object oriented design and programming
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, and Spark is highly desired
- Knowledge of Cloud ecosystems (AWS, Azure, etc) is a great plus
- Experience developing UI products a great plus
- Good understanding of UI development patterns such as MVC, Observer/Observable, and others
- Experience with Eclipse RCP, OSGI is a great plus
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle, QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches
- Experience in the following: test automation, build infrastructure, release tooling, framework development
- Development of highly available public Web APIs
- Experience debugging in Windows, Linux, MAC and/or Android
- Able to drive innovation and discussions to create and improve product, process and technology.
- Promote and apply engineering best-practices including code reviews, design/architecture reviews, unit testing code coverage review
- Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems, and demonstrate ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements.
- A passion and curiosity for creating and building things
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN