Director, Corporate Communications
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 31198
Position Title: Director, Public Relations
Informatica is currently looking for a Director of Corporate Communications with experience in B2B enterprise tech PR with a good understanding of the cloud, data landscape and a proven track record in executing on a global communications strategy which includes media relations, executive thought leadership and creative storytelling to join our team in Redwood City, CA.
The Director of Corporate Communications will play a key role in shaping and managing Informatica’s industry reputation as a market leader in enterprise cloud data management. The Director will be responsible for changing the perception of Informatica as a CLOUD data management leader and increase brand visibility among key external audiences. This key role will serve as a liaison across cross-functional teams to drive press announcements, media strategy and thought leadership storytelling. As a member of the external communications team, the Director of Corporate Communications will work closely with the customer advocacy, social media and internal communications teams to build integrated communication plans that map directly to business objectives. In addition to leading earned media efforts, you will be responsible for identifying proactive PR opportunities to elevate Informatica’s customer and partner success stories.
As the Director of Corporate Communications, you will:
- Execute on the overall global PR strategy and raise the bar on top tier media coverage and thought leadership positioning, working collaboratively across teams and PR agency partners
- Build and manage a steady drumbeat of customer and partner news and success stories to elevate Informatica’s role in helping every company become more data-driven
- Continuously enhance the corporate messaging and create effective, high quality media pitches that resonates with the likes of CNBC, Bloomberg, WSJ and other tier-1 media
- Work across the teams to proactively identify and develop storytelling opportunities that align with corporate priorities
- Oversee spokesperson training program to identify and prepare corporate executives for media opportunities and facilitate media interviews and speaking engagements
- Build and strengthen in-house media relations capabilities by leveraging existing media contacts and cultivating new relationships with members of the press, and manage inbound media inquiries
- Facilitate planning and execution at key annual events and conferences and identify potential new forums where the company can build a presence
- Act as the team’s eyes and ears for relevant news and trends, working to tie the business to broader industry conversations
- Manage the activities of external public relations agencies and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related discipline and minimum 15 years of relevant PR/corporate communications experience in B2B tech.
- Innately passionate about data management with experience in the cloud, data, AI space is a sure advantage.
- Exceptional writing skills; ability to distill and present complex information into clear, concise and engaging communications.
- A bar-raiser, determined and self-motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic and passionate work environment.
- Outstanding track record of success in developing, prioritizing and managing integrated communications strategies.
- Strong teamwork, analytical skills, leadership and interpersonal skills, and building/maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Excellent judgment and ability to juggle multiple assignments in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work productively in a cross-functional environment and build strong relationships with internal and external teams
- Demonstrates an adaptable work style, responding quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
What Does Success Look Like?
- A holistic corporate communications leader that can drive the execution of the corporate communications strategy
- A trusted advisor to cross-functional teams and senior executives on external communications
- A results-driven professional that continuously raises the bar on overall external communications and thereby increases Informatica’s visibility in the cloud space
Nice to Have
- Experience working for a cloud company and a deep understanding of the data/cloud/AI space
- Experience working with cloud industry influencers
- Experience generating a steady drumbeat of customer success stories in the B2B enterprise tech space
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Corporate Communications
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US