Director, CloudTrust Security Testing and Operations
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 31201
Position Title: Director, QA Engineering
The CloudTrust Security Operations team powers Informatica’s secure transformation and ensures that all our cloud platform and products are safe. We implement industry-leading technologies and practices to bake in security during product design, help teams reliably deploy global products at scale, and ensure global DevOps and Customer Support teams have the tools and data they need to safely monitor and manage our customer data and workloads
Our Security Operations team is growing rapidly to keep pace with our expanding Cloud global footprint and customers’ exacting demands, and partnering with product development teams to build Protect / Detect / Response systems and processes needed to secure our platforms and out-innovate our competitors.
We are responsible for security of our production infrastructure and monitoring of security vulnerabilities and attacks / incidents. issues. We architect solutions, tools and platforms around securing our cloud infrastructure and then monitoring it for any malicious attackers or misconfigurations. Our team is passionate about “details” and we work very closely with a wide range of stakeholders.
This is a senior leadership role, as Director Cloud Security Operations (CSOC) you will build a global security operations team from Red Wood City but spread across Bangalore / Dublin / SFO, that will include Security Incident Response. Security Engineering, Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting, Vulnerability Management, Security Application Management, EndPoint Security Management etc.
To succeed in this role, you will also need to work parallelly with internal and external security teams and managed security services provider whilst providing leadership and oversight to expert technical teams. In this role you will also be the escalation point for internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues and problems with cyber security tools, have an oversight of advanced security capabilities, cyber forensics, malware research etc.
Your responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with the IR teams spread across Bangalore and Dublin in monitoring Protect / Detect / Response capabilities.
- Serve as Incident Commander during US working hrs whilst working with business stakeholders, Incident Response/forensic staff to rapidly and effectively resolve information security incidents.
- Ensure Cyber Security incidents are properly investigated, tracked and report status and drive rapid resolution of incidents and situations involving IRM controls.
- Liaise with C-Level Informatica leadership, federal authorities and support investigation and prosecutions where relevant.
- Take ownership of Sec Ops tooling, Manage the SOC tools in BAU, and implement Use Cases to keep the Security Operations and Response team running
- Lead initiatives with Engineering teams to Devise & implement solutions which will stop problems which are yet to happen.
- Implement “Everything as a code” strategy - if anything was done manually - find out the reason and fix it to ensure its never ever done manually again.
- Mentor other SOC engineers, define our technical culture, and help build a fast-growing team
- Preferably a degree in Computer Science in Software engineering or Information technology or related Cyber Security fields.
- 15+ years of relevant experience working in a SOC environment, investigating Cyber incidents, experience in working with federal and government agencies, DevSecOps / CloudOps experience will be an add on.
- Proven experience leading Security Operations, Security engineering teams.
- People leadership skills including the ability to coach, mentor and motivate cross-cultural teams.
- A strong leader who understands the theory and practice of Cloud, Security operations, secure software development and infrastructure security in detail.
- Understanding of the benefits of DevOps / DevSecOps
- Possess a solid understanding of the Security Ops tooling, Security Engineering Linux or Unix family of OS and their underlying components Networking basics.
- Experience in Log Management, log management and creating dashboard in any one of the tools like Elastic Stack, Sumologic or Grafana Cloud.
- Experience in maintaining security tools such SIEM, ELK, Splunk, Web application Firewall (WAF), Key Management System (KMS), Identity and Access Management (IAM) tools
- Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across the organization.
Nice to Have:
- SANS certifications
- AWS Certifications
- Contributions to open-source projects
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, CloudTrust Security Testing and Operations
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JB1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US