Principal Regional Marketing Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Number: 31207
Position Title: Field Marketing Manager 4
Principal, Regional Marketing, Canada, North America
Role in Brief
As a critical member of the Informatica North American Regional Marketing Team, the Principal, Regional Marketing, Canada, will be integral to the successful performance of Informatica Marketing objectives and execution. Primary charter is to increase profitable market share across strategic product categories by optimizing marketing activities and development of measurable strategic GTM initiatives that support the Canada sales area in North America. This role will be responsible for developing, driving and implementing marketing activities that expand the Informatica brand and create demand for pipeline development and acceleration across the sales region. Responsible for the setting of specific objectives to develop an integrated and metrics-driven marketing strategy, this “hands-on” roll is the main point of contact between the Marketing and a dedicated Canada Sales area in North America. This role will assume ownership over performance metrics.
The Principal, Regional Marketing, Canada reports directly to the Director, Regional Marketing, North America. Internally, they work closely with the appropriate Sales Leadership teams, the Product, Partner, Digital and Brand Marketing teams as well as the Business Development, Product Management, Finance and Alliances organizations. In addition, they partner closely with key external entities that support the Enterprise Sales area such as resellers, GSIs, VARs and other ecosystem and channel communities.
Marketing Strategy (50%)
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Canada sales team, alliances, industry and product marketing, digital and brand marketing) to develop a GTM strategy to expand the brand, create demand and progress pipeline for up-sell, cross-sell and net new business.
- Attend the Canada Sales QBRs and area management meetings as well as NA Regional Marketing planning sessions to align/prioritize resource allocation according to Informatica priorities across all areas and segments to support area pipeline and revenue targets
- Consult with NA Canada Sales area vice president and regional sales directors to prioritize and develop of strategic, account based marketing activities that expand customer footprint to drive up-sell and cross-sale opportunities as well as target net new logos
- Research and identify new opportunities that are aligned with Informatica’s core competencies, and ensure a high propensity for success as required
Integrated Marketing Execution (50%)
- Develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns that achieve pipeline create and accelerate objectives as well as brand perception goals. Programs include but are not limited to:
- Informatica face-to-face events (i.e. summits, workshops and seminars)
- 3rd party industry events and tradeshows
- Digital campaigns and programs (i.e. content syndication, webinars, social, etc.)
- Executive events
- Business development intelligent outbound campaigns
- Account based marketing activities
- Other Channel engagements as needed
- Manage end-to-end event logistics to ensure programs are flawlessly executed including venue selection, vendor management, staff coordination, promotion, and internal and external communication
- Partner with Channel marketing to engage resellers, GSIs, VARs and other ecosystem and channel communities to help grow the business
- Lead extended teams to ensure effective lead follow up and achievement of integrated campaign program goals and objectives
- Leverage internal Marketing Automation, CRM and other systems and tools to measure and monitor program success, deliver detailed analysis of regional marketing performance to understand what’s working for ongoing successful program planning
- Negotiate contracts with facilities and vendors to gain economies of scale
- Own and manage the Canada regional marketing budget to optimize / scale program investments and achieve a desired ROI
- A proven track record of engaging directly with sales management and account reps to develop and execute marketing strategy
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with proven ability to flawlessly execute against tight deadlines and drive multiple projects at once.
- Self-motivated, strong communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong business acumen with a keen sense of urgency.
- An enabler of the interlock between Marketing, Product, Sales, Finance and Business Development.
- Confident with a combination of strong analytical and strategic thinking for insight with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think through problems creatively and brainstorm multiple solutions.
- An unyielding focus on sales success.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities within a diverse, dynamic and agile team environment.
- 10+ years of marketing experience in managing and executing a mix of direct marketing activities that build the brand, create demand and accelerate pipeline (i.e. face-to-face events, digital campaigns, account-based marketing, business development, etc.); enterprise software experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing, or Business, MBA a plus
- Savvy and proven success delivering integrated marketing campaigns and programs that deliver a strong ROI – on time, within budget.
- Comfortable providing a strong point of view on all marketing engagements with sales through a solid understanding of the sales and marketing ecosystems, leveraging marketing best practices and individual marketing acumen.
- Experience with SFDC, Marketo, Tableau and other leading automation marketing software, SaaS or technologies to effectively run and measure campaigns and programs.
- Proven ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Well organized and proven ability to juggle multiple concurrent work streams.
- Demonstrated passion, innovation, creativity, persistence, commitment, optimism and accountability.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills; ability to balance competing priorities and diverse points of view.
- Up to 25% business travel required.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Regional Marketing Manager
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KS1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA