Senior Software Engineer - Java Backend Development
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31210
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
The Enterprise Data Catalog team is part of Informatica’s Core Metadata Group. Enterprise Data Catalog is Informatica's machine-learning-based data catalog that lets you classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software to join the CMG group in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development and delivery of strategic connectors that bring in core metadata from external systems to EDC. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent coding skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures.
As an integral part of the CMG, R&D team you will be responsible for the following:
-> Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
-> Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
-> Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
-> Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
-> Review and debug code.
-> Perform validation and verification testing.
-> Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
-> Document development phases and monitor systems.
-> Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team.
-> Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in developing enterprise software products using Java technologies
- Excellent coding and design skills in Java server-side technologies, object-oriented concepts and Java open source frameworks is mandatory
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Tomcat is mandatory
- Experience with database concepts, SQL programming is mandatory. In-depth knowledge of relational databases and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux,Windows)
- Knowledge on programming on Java/J2EE platform
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude and Ability to work independently
- Working experience in Hadoop technologies like Hbase, Titan, Solr is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Hadoop infrastructure like YARN, Ambari and distributions like Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR is a plus
- Exposure to and experience in integration with or functional knowledge of applications like Azure, AWS, Teradata, Cognos etc, will be an added advantage
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development process
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer - Java Backend Development
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN2
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN