Senior Software Engineer (Java, full stack)
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31256
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Informatica is the clear market leader of the Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) and on Prem Data Integration software providers with wide variety of products like Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management, and other Enterprise Information Management. Thousands of customers rely on our service to move billions of records daily. The ACE team plays a key role in the success of Informatica’s Product and Cloud Transformation journey.
Advanced Customer Engineering (ACE) for Data Engineering products is the customer interfacing group of the R&D team, supporting Informatica Cloud and Big Data products. ACE engineers work on understanding complex real-world architecture and implementations, debug challenging issues on customer/POC environments and an opportunity to interact with world-class Professional Service/Sales – Presales Consultants and Architects.
You will be a key contributor to the adoption of Informatica’s next-generation Cloud products. You will be a part of a rewarding experience to see your solutions/recommendations make an immediate impact and feedback. You get a first-hand experience of the rapidly evolving Cloud Computing landscape such as Serverless Computations, Cloud Data warehouses, and Data Lakes. You get the best shot to productize your solution in the upcoming release or opportunity to articulate the product shortcomings/limitations and thus shape the future roadmap of Cloud products.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, India, and will:
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team, compose the feature design documents
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Being part of the Agile team as an active member.
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stakeholders to show progress against requirements
- Review QA test specifications and feature documents
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making, and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design, and related issues
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Responsible for performance and scalability of the features
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration/Data Replication and/or Enterprise Application Integration product
- Excellent coding and object-oriented design skills in Java.
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred
- Hands-on experience of J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON preferred
- Familiarity with MVC and coding patterns
- Solid knowledge of relational database system fundamentals desired
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer (Java, full stack)
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN