Lead Technical Support Engineer
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Job Number: 31302
Position Title: Lead Technical Support Engineer
Lead Technical Support Engineer – EDC
Location: Redwood City, CA, Austin, Tx
Our award-winning Customer Support team is one of Informatica’s strongest assets, enabling us to strengthen our customer relationships by delivering on our promise of superior technology and proven results. The Global Customer Support team is committed to finding the best solutions to our customer’s problems and uncompromising when it comes to exceeding their expectations through exemplary service delivery.
We are looking for a Lead Technical Support Engineer with a proven record of accomplishment doing Technical support for Software products to join our Global Customer Support team. In this role, you will use your analytical, troubleshooting skills to isolate, resolve technical issues and become a trusted adviser for our customers on technical matters, and play key role making our customers successful. You would also get opportunities to exercise independence to work with cross-functional Informatica teams across Product Management, QA , Development, Customer Success, and Professional Services, teams.
As an employee with Informatica's Global Customer Support Team: You will be part of a strong team of knowledgeable and committed technical specialists and connected to the worldwide Informatica technical pool. On-the-job training, continuous learning are key parts of our engineer enablement process that you would cherish while working at informatica global customer support.
Thriving in a fast-paced support environment, you'll work with our customers and solve their complex technical problems, related to Informatica's flagship products like Data Catalog, Data Engineering and Data Governance that are integrated with Cloud ecosystems & services on AWS, Azure , GCP with a multitude of new-gen apps and databases.
Our Ideal Candidate
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
- Diagnose and resolve customer inquiries related to operating Informatica software products in customer’s environment.
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion.
- Manage communications, set expectations to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
- Utilize information tools, training, and experience to provide high level of customer satisfaction
- Participate in problem escalation and call prevention projects to help customers and other technical specialists increase their efficiency with our products
- Meet the SLA and other Operational standards published to customers and internal teams.
- Collaborate with and engage Subject Matter Experts when in need to resolve a customer issue.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in Information Technology with 8+ years experience or related technical field with 10+ years of industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of analytical, debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Team player who shares ideas and resources
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice
- Experience in working with one or more of the relational databases such as Oracle, MSSQL Server, DB2, etc.
- Experience on working with one or more of the following technologies: distributed processing (Hadoop, SPARK), Solr, Cloud ecosystems and services on AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Knowledge in Virtualization tools (VMWare), Containerization (Kubernetes, dockers)
- Experience in MongoDB & NOMAD
- Knowledge of Metadata, Business Intelligence tools, Tomcat
- Knowledge in Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of JDBC, ODBC drivers and connectivity tools/drivers for various database, cloud services
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Technical Support Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-RP1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US