Technical Support Engineer
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 31310
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Informatica enables companies to fuel innovation, become more agile, and realize new growth opportunities, resulting in intelligent market disruptions. The customer support team plays a vital role in enabling customers to overcome the most complex data challenges and transform big ideas into new realities. Our technical support team being Globally Rated outstanding by TSIA prides itself in customer-centric culture and our close partnership towards accelerating our product adoption and successful implementations. Join us to be a part of a team that is passionate about delivering the best experience for our customers.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with a proven record of accomplishment doing Technical support for Software products (Cloud or On-premise) to join our Global Customer Support team. In this role, you will use your analytical skills and influencer for becoming a trusted adviser to our customers on technical issues. You would also get opportunities to work with cross-functional Informatica teams across Product R&D, Customer Success, and Professional Services, teams. As an employee with Informatica's Global Customer Support Team:
You will be part of a strong team of knowledgeable and committed technical specialists and connected to the worldwide Informatica technical pool.
On-the-job training and ongoing learning and development are a key part of why our professionals are widely respected and are treated as world number one in the technical support arena.
Thriving in a fast-paced support environment, you'll work with our customers and solve their complex technical problems, related to Informatica's flagship products like PowerCenter, Data Quality, Data Catalog, and Data Engineering along with Cloud ecosystems like AWS, Azure with a multitude of new-gen apps and databases.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Constructively work together as a team sharing ideas.
- A high degree of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A natural leader who strives for excellence and is known for his/her prodigious technical ability.
- Possess good communication and customer-relationship skills - responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that allow you to adapt to new circumstances and to learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Apply your superior technical Skills to meet service request SLAs, meet and exceed customer expectations.
As an integral part of the Global Customer Support team, you will provide technical support for Informatica products. The Software Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Diagnose and resolve technical inquiries related to Informatica software products
- Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
- Analysis of exceptions and logs to isolate root cause and help in product’s usability and improve end-user experience
- Ensure that knowledge management and data capture processes are adhered to
- Approaching complex technical issues with varying perceptions and making use of opportunities to create and implement productivity tools
- Liaise with Product R&D and Product Management teams on technical discussions as required to ensure tracking and resolution of bugs and fixes
- Continuously enhancing knowledge through training and e-learning courses
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to aid in identifying, reporting, and resolving product defects.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of industry experience OR Master’s degree in a related technical field.
- Experience either as a technical support engineer for enterprise applications or as an implementation consultant or developer with experience in front-line contact with customers/Clients.
- Excellent grasp of various operating systems such as Windows and Linux
- Strong understanding of at least one relational database like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Excellent Analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-RP1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US