Vice President, Product Marketing - iPaaS
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • San Francisco, California, United States
Job Number: 31333
Position Title: VP, MKTG
Informatica is currently looking for a Vice President of iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service) with experience in enterprise software product marketing to join our Marketing team in Redwood City, CA.
As Vice President of iPaaS, you will be a key leader within the portfolio marketing team who will direct the creation of and communicate the value proposition of our industry-leading iPaaS solution to customers, partners, and the market at large. Reporting to the Group Vice President of Portfolio Marketing, you will lead a portfolio marketing team to work cross-functionally with product management, sales, marketing, and alliances teams to drive key initiatives to enable sales, drive demand generation, and deliver thought leadership. You will initiate, direct, and be responsible for all product marketing activities, creating differentiated product positioning; authoring compelling collateral; evangelizing the value through analysts, press, and social media; empowering sales and alliances; and showcasing customer success.
You are a skilled product and solution marketing executive who has an innate ability to assimilate technical aspects of Informatica iPaaS solutions as well as other iPaaS offerings in the market to create compelling positioning and messaging. You are a cross-functional leader who will work collaboratively with iPaaS product management and engineering teams, Informatica’s marketing, sales and services staff, and your product and solution marketing counterparts, to drive sales success and results for the rapidly growing iPaaS business.
What You’ll Do
- Develop positioning and messaging that clearly differentiates our iPaaS offerings and resonates with target audiences
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to translate the technical vision into marketing communications
- Participate in messaging for events and speaking engagements at trade shows and online marketing webinars.
- Lead the creation of all marketing collateral including a wide range of internal and external content such as product data sheets, sales scripts, FAQs as well as white papers
- Deliver external-facing case studies, ROI and solution papers based on customer interviews, and internal content such as sales scripts, competitive briefings, and market trends and monitoring reports
- Ensure that collateral for all marketing and sales functions are available and up-to-date.
- Work with analyst relations, press relations, and customer advocacy to initiate and deliver press releases, analyst and media briefings, and public case studies
- Collaborate with analyst relations and product management, directing the deliverables of product evaluation, such as Gartner Magic Quadrant, and ensuring successful outcomes
- Work with customer advocacy and customer success teams to ensure customer references for marketing and sales activities.
- Working closely with digital, brand and regional marketing managers who are responsible for marketing plans, lead generation campaigns and go-to-market events and programs, you will ensure that there is enough pipeline of lead generation activities for the current and future quarters
- Create compelling messages for the different campaigns and that showcase the strength of Informatica’s iPaaS solution.
- Work on market assessment and potential of current and future product modules including product pricing, packaging and nomenclature where appropriate
- Work with product management to conceive and deliver compelling product demos.
- Monitor competitors’ product announcements and market movements and ensure that Informatica’s iPaaS offerings are properly differentiated, and sales teams are enabled with the differentiation.
- Train company and sales teams consistently on messaging and positioning; support sales teams with product and solution presentations and demos to prospects online and onsite.
- Write blogs, tweets, and engage in all aspects of social marketing to promote thought leadership and brand.
- Develop thought leadership content to accelerate customer and industry awareness, and adoption of Informatica’s iPaaS solution, such as case studies, white papers, blog posts etc.
- Evangelize Informatica’s iPaaS solution and best practices via marketing events, webinars, social media and other channels
- Serve as spokesperson with press, analysts and at industry events
- 12+ years of product marketing experience with a track record of leading high growth marketing teams.
- Seasoned executive with a strong blend of enterprise software and entrepreneurial experience across big data and cloud environments
- 6 or more years with a record of tangible accomplishments, demonstrated ability to grow revenues and drive profitability; expertise in metrics-based management.
- Track record of operating effectively and influencing change in a matrix marketing organization; demonstrated success in growing and maturing a team of high performing professionals.
- Exceptional leadership skills; able to link company vision, product roadmap, and go-to-market strategy.
- Proven track record of successfully balancing market requirements and market realities from inception to launch.
- Strong leadership, time management and project management skills; can manage multiple concurrent opportunities and projects effectively; able to prioritize and make decisions without all the information, and pay attention to the details.
- Ability to deliver compelling, breakthrough content in a B2B enterprise software environment
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the iPaaS market and solutions, customer pain points, competition and trends
- Outstanding written communication skills; skilled at writing various types of collateral with demonstrated ability to write product literature, customer interviews, case studies and white papers
- Strong, analytical thinking and clear, demonstrated oral communication skills to present the content to various sales, engineering and support staff
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills with high attention to detail and quality
- Understand all aspects of product strategy and positioning and be able to incorporate that into all aspects of marketing
- Executive presence and ability to represent Informatica and associated product lines to senior executives as well as mid-level decision makers within our customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to express the business value of complex technical products and solutions; must be able to synthesize and explain complex topics in simple terms.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, work individually on projects and as collaborate as a supportive team member
- Exhibit high degree of creativity with a penchant for driving results
- Make good decisions even in the absence of some desired information
- Enthusiastic, diligent, highly productive, and high integrity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA a plus
- Willing to travel both domestic and international.
What Does Success Look Like?
- You have a lot of energy matched with superb communication skills. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You have demonstrated strong leadership and project management experience including the ability to independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate programs. Since Informatica’s iPaaS solution supports all types of data management patterns, users, and data you will need to market to a variety of personas and use-cases across vertical industries.
Nice to Have
- Experience with enterprise cloud software and data management software a plus
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Executive
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Vice President, Product Marketing - iPaaS
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US