Director, Global Employment Legal
Multiple Locations: Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland • Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 31347
Position Title: General Counsel Director
Director, Global Employment Law and Compliance
Primary Location: Dublin or Maidenhead
Informatica is currently looking for an experienced labor and employment attorney to join our team. The Director, Global Employment Law and Compliance provides highest quality legal advice to the Company and personally handles employment law issues arising in Europe, the Middle East, and throughout the Asia Pacific region.
As the lead employment counsel for Informatica in EMEA and APAC, you will work closely with HR partners and business leaders, providing them with timely, thorough legal advice on all kinds of labor and employment law matters. In any given day, you may interpret an employment contract, advise an HR partner and manager about employee performance management or discipline, draft employment policies, conduct training on recent developments in employment law, or contribute to the design of compensation or benefits plans. You may also be involved in investigating alleged employee or contractor misconduct and responding to demands from opposing counsel or government agencies, and represent the Company in external investigations, conciliations, before government bodies and in litigation. While you will be expected to provide advice personally, in more complex matters you will also select and manage outside counsel and other legal service providers.
You will interact with senior Informatica executives from a variety of disciplines such as sales, finance, products, and HR. This is a highly impactful, mission critical role and you will be a key contributor in a small but nimble Legal team. You may also deal with diverse issues such as revenue recognition, global privacy and protection of highly valuable intellectual property and the negotiation of software license agreements.
Our Ideal Candidate
You will have experience representing employers and advising on a broad range of employment law issues, considering the local laws throughout Europe and Asia Pacific. You will also be experienced in representing clients in-house and working on a corporate legal team. You are a consummate communicator and negotiator who can think proactively and strategically. You require little supervision but you proactively engage with team members from around the company to coordinate projects and provide advice. You can accurately and realistically assess and mitigate risk while always striving to consider the needs of the business. You have excellent judgement and business acumen and the highest ethical standards.
- Draft employment law documents such as various employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, HR policies, employment law training materials.
- Provide accurate legal advice to HR and business teams throughout Europe, daily.
- Identify and manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in policies, training programs and agreements.
- Respond promptly to the demands of HR, sales and other business partners.
- D., L.L.B. or equivalent degree from an accredited major law school or university.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with some in-house employment law experience.
- Significant experience in advising employers on labor and employment law matters or representing employers in administrative proceedings or litigation.
- Experience working with employers in countries throughout Europe, particularly France, Ireland and UK, and Asia Pacific, particularly India, Singapore, and Japan, preferred.
- Significant experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of employment agreements.
- In-house experience at a major technology company preferred but not required.
- French, German, Spanish or Italian language skills preferred but not required.
- Ability to handle a great deal of responsibility without substantial supervision.
- Ability to multi-task.
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Global Employment Legal
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MI1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE