Devolopment Manager_ CDGC
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31361
Position Title: Manager, Development
We’re currently looking for a Software Development Manager with experience in software design and development of large-scale distributed enterprise application and platform services to join our Cloud team in Bangalore, India.
As our Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Lead the high performing team and nurture them to build enterprise software.
- You will be participating in defining the vision and strategy and driving the execution excellence to deliver the strategy.
- You will work with a world class engineers to design and build the next generation microservices based cloud platform using the latest cutting-edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Saleforce.com, Microsoft Azure, Docker and Kubernetes, to provide non-disruptive cloud data integration service to our customers
- In the role of Software Development Manager, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as Software Development Manager you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, mentoring and leadership skills java
- J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON (must have)
- Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Provide overall leadership and management for the architecture, design and development of appropriate product enhancements by working closely with product managers and managing the delivery of those enhancements using Agile methodologies
- Provide leadership and expertise to the software development team in broad technical areas on various corporate initiatives and projects; monitor projects to ensure completion on schedule and within budget; ensure that development life cycle standards and processes are adhered to
- Participate in multiple technically complex, mission-critical and/or high-profile projects or initiatives simultaneously; coordinate projects among different teams
- Lead a team of approximately 8-10 software engineers; help maintain a spirit of teamwork and shared purpose; be responsible for recruiting, hiring, mentoring and motivating the team
- Be a hands-on technical manager and lead the team in proposing, designing, developing, testing, debugging and delivering high performance and scalable multi-tier cloud product
- Define and estimate project proposals and create technical project plans and staffing models; ensure appropriate program/project staffing and planning is achieved; execute product delivery for both on-time product releases, hotfix/service pack releases, and customer escalations
- Be viewed as the key “go to” person for the any technical challenges of the product which requires being very hands on and close to the technology
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and keep abreast of the latest trends, technologies, and competitive landscape
- Identify and promote opportunities to drive more business value
- Be driven to get optimal results and not let anything stand in your way
- Manages performance goals and works in career development of the team
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing and review QA test specifications and feature documents
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stake holders to show progress against requirements
- Actively participate in the code reviews
- Proactively identify architectural gaps and recommend appropriate solutions
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assist customers and field engineers by troubleshooting issues and problems
- Responsible for Performance, scalability, security and non-functional aspects of the features
- Be the driver for continuous improvement in both enriching development experience and in providing customer delight.
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- 2+ years of experience in directly managing a team
- Hands-on experience of J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON preferred
- Familiarity with MVC and coding patterns
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration/Data Replication and/or Enterprise Application Integration product
- Excellent coding and object-oriented design skills in Java/C++(minimal)
- Superior decision making and relationship building skills; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; demonstrated technical leadership
What We’d Like to See
Development experience in microservices based architecture.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred
- Solid knowledge of relational database system fundamentals desired
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Devolopment Manager_ CDGC
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-CT1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN