Senior Technical Writer
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Number: 31429
Position Title: Senior Technical Writer
We’re currently looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our team.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating effective product documentation, videos, and tutorials in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with software engineers, UX designers, product managers, and other doc team members to create great user-facing content.
What You'll Do
- Write highly technical content that describes product functionality
- Compile and test online help
- Create project plans, maintain schedules for specific projects, and communicate documentation status to the documentation manager or lead
- Develop tutorials to improve first user experience
- Work with stakeholders to deliver meaningful error messages, useful UI strings, and develop clear terminology
- Contribute how-to articles, knowledge base articles, videos, walkthroughs, and other useful content
- Contribute to documentation team processes
- Edit own content for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Informatica's commitment to quality
- Collaborate on projects with other technical writers.
- BA/MA/BS/MS or equivalent (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences) preferred
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to quickly learn technical information
- Able to meet deadlines and help others meet them
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and follow schedules
- Able to follow documentation processes and style
- Able to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation
- Attentive to detail and accuracy is committed to excellence and owns and acts on quality problems.
What Does Success Look Like?
- You use your excellent analytical and written communication skills to create content that helps increase customer adoption of products.
What We’d Like to See
- Knowledge of data management, big data, relational and/or No SQL database, and cloud concepts.
- Experience with DITA, XMetaL, content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Writer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US