Principal Product Manager- Core MDM
Multiple Locations: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India • Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Job Number: 31438
Position Title: Product Manager 5
Principal Product Manager, Core MDM Technologies
We’re currently looking for a Principal Product Manager with experience in enterprise software, to join our team in India (Chennai).
Informatica’s product management team for Master Data Management (MDM) is responsible for one of the major growth areas for Informatica. Informatica is recognized by customers and industry analysts as the leader in master data management software. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic team that is bringing AI and machine learning to bear on master data management challenges in the Cloud and at Big Data scale.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will be involved in developing capabilities for a Cloud native MDM platform using AI/ML and intuitive user interfaces to solve complex data challenges for major enterprises.
In the role of Principal Product Manager, you will interact with customers, partners and internal stakeholders to author product requirements and you will collaborate with talented peers to drive the implementation of compelling and differentiated products that our customers love.
Working as a Principal Product Manager, you must be a A+ player, with a proven track record in delivering enterprise software that delights users. You must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills, and you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
· Write high-quality specifications and communicate specific and actionable requirements to Engineering
· Work closely with Engineering to drive product priorities and ensure the right functionality for an enterprise class, industry leading product
· Become a subject matter expert on our software for customers and partners, as well as for internal audiences such as Sales, Presales, Professional Services and Customer Support
· Develop materials and product demonstrations for field enablement, technical scope and train-the-trainer
· Manage the product backlog for specific product areas, and ensure that the right functionality is being delivered at the right time
● Minimum 12+ years of relevant professional experience
● BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred
● Demonstrated skills in analysis, design, product development and planning
● Ability to gather and prioritize requirements and author detailed requirements and functional specifications (submission of writing samples, such as prior requirements, whitepapers, or articles is encouraged)
● Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent presentation skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
● Proven organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently but still be detail oriented
● Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
● Experience in working in Agile teams
● Able to travel internationally to visit customers, partners and other Informatica locations, and to participate in conferences and events – approximately 20% international travel in non-pandemic years
What We’d Like to See
● Experience with master data management, data governance, data warehousing, business intelligence or data visualization is a plus
● Experience with Cloud (SaaS) software, analytics, NOSQL databases, graph databases and/or Big Data technologies is a plus
● Experience working in an independent software vendor on B2B software is preferred
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Product Manager- Core MDM
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN